Would you date someone who smoked a lot of pot?

myself I don't smoke the stuff but where I live a lot do and according to a survey done for our school district something like 40 % of the kids here admit to smoking marijuana which is one of the highest for my province .

but I wouldn't really be that interested in dating a girl who smoked a lot of pot , like maybe I could deal with her if she smoked it occasionally at parties but definitely not everyday . even if she was really hot it be tough to deal with and I doubt we'd work out if that was all she cared about doing .

• Yes
  • Yes but only if they were hot
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I have dated someone who has smoked a lot of pot. Not something you want to get into if you don't like lazy people.

Maybe it's just with my friends but it's something to do when you're bored and not looking to follow through with plans. Because let's face it, if you have plans and you smoke weed you tend to think along the lines of f*** it. Or it just never ends up happening.

• Oh I totally know how you feel! of having old friends/flings who smoked pot and who were like that, especially after they smoked it or even really any time. they're still young but I doubt that they would be successful at all when they're older because of it. sucks for them...

• It's funny because one of my friends is a huge pot head and he is convinced one day he's going to be a rapper. Haha.

He still lives at home, can never keep a job for more then a few months and spends the money he does get from his parents on weed.

• Yep reminds me of those guys I knew - musicians who think they'll one day make it big or at least have a decent unskilled job and have a place of their own soon while in reality they're not even really looking for a job and pretty much just hang out, smoke weed and/or cigarettes, and sometimes also get drunk. they sometimes also acted like I'm the loser when really I'm in college, have a job, have reachable, realistic goals, and am sober all the time. I'm just so glad they're out of life now!

What Girls Said 6

• I had old friends/flings from mainly last summer and spring who smoked pot a lot and who were really lazy and didn't fulfill their original plans just like kailar said, especially after they smoked it or even really any time. they're still young but I doubt that they would be successful at all when they're older because of it. sucks for them...

so, no, I totally wouldn't even consider it anymore. I'm xstraightxedgex and ideally the guy I date is too.

• Not any longer I wouldn't. But if they did have the odd joint here and there I wouldn't hold it against them. Everyone has a bit of trouble sleeping or gets a bit stressed out now and then.

Personally I don't like the stuff, and even though I smoke cigarettes myself I don't like the smell of pot either. Also having personally had some real problems with drugs, I don't reallly want to be around anything like that for too long.

• no I wouldn't date a bloke who smoke pot, I don't do it don't like it. I have a few friends that smoke it but that's there life so it doesn't bother me but I don't want it in my life.

• no they're usually really lazy and have no ambition. I don't smoke pot so id be bored too.

• I smoke pot, and I'm not lazy. I have ambitions in life. you can't just judge everyone from the people you see.

• I'm only judging it on people I know who smoke pot. I never said every single person was like that. anyway I'm entitled to give my opinion just like you are too

• Ew, I hate the smell. It literally makes me gag.

• I wouldn't date someone who smoked even a little.

What Guys Said 4

• My Girlfriend never smoked weed before she met me..That was 4 years ago and we smoke it every day lol..

We both have full-time jobs and I go to school..I guess the stuff doesn't make me lazy. I'd rather smoke some to chill out than drink a few beers

• Yes!! smoking pot DOESNT make you lazy!!! the person themself is lazy. I smoke pot all the time and I work fulltime and am always going out doing stuff. I'm only lazy when I'm tired, but who isn't?

• No. Not if she smoked like a chimney. If she did it just recreational then I can work around that.

• No dope or drugs period.

• What do you define as smoking a lot? I smoke pot now and then, but I wouldn't want to be with someone whose high 24/7. I'm fine with someone smoking pot as long as they don't let it take over their lives. Unfortunately so many people who smoke pot turn out to be lazy bums. Of course, if they don't smoke that's fine too.