How would you react if a friend told you about her/his feelings?

What would you do? If an attractive friend of yours told you that he/she likes you more than just as friends? In an example me and you would hangout everyday together and i came to love you and confess to you, how would you react? Would you still treat me as a good friend or ignore and avoid me if it'd be too awkward to handle?

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you asking how would I handle it if I did not feel the same strong feelings for you? I would probably feel apologetic that I didn't have those feelings to return to you. It would probably make me feel awkward in the future if I wanted to discuss anything about romantic feelings I had for someone else.

What Guys Said 12

• Most of my female friends have been my crush at some point. AND/OR they are attractive. Yes, all of them. Yes, that makes me sound like a shallow prick.

So, since I'm single, I think I'd be fine with it and I might date them if they wanted.

• If there was physical attraction there too I would be happy and ask her to date me if not I'd still be friend with her, and I'd try and change the subject with her to try avoiding the answer to spare her feelings. If she is consistent and keeps asking me if I felt the same way or liked her more then just friends I would be honest with her and say no, but still want to be friends with her and remind her of all the good times we had together.

• I'd be honest.

If I shared the feelings, I'd tell kiss her and see where it goes.

If I didn't, I'd tell her not to expect immediate reciprocation but reassure her that I'm flattered and it would only make me admire her more for her courage and confidence in telling me.

• Very confused.
    Feelings in that order

Oh my god thats happening.
    Why did he even think that I would say yes?
    Despite knowing...
    Will I be a bad person If I say no?
    Well, no choice but to say no.

• no
    maybe i would have feelings to and even if i didn't i will still be her friend maybe more interested in her

• You free tonight? lol that's how I would react

• I'd turn them down.

• Id give it a chance and see if we were compatible if not id still be a friend and treat her the same as i have or propose friends with benefits

• I may give it a chance.

• Lol that would never happen in a million years. Girls don't get feelings for me.

• Do girls really like guys telling them they like you?

I don't think so.

• i would go crazyzyzyz

What Girls Said 2

• I treat you as good friend but probably stop doing anything that might be construed as intimate to not give you mixed signals.

• Sane answer

• If you did then I would think that would be considered leading him on?

• Abandoning a friendship would be rude. I would ask what would be easier for him and what he wanted. Some guys would still want to remain friends so I would acquiesce, yet not do anything that might be seen as "flirty"--like kiss him on the cheek, hold his hand, hug him long, etc.

I don't see how being a friend is leading him on or making him be hopeful about a possible future. That's in his head.

• Acting awkward is pointless just be and act normal