Have you ever been on a date with someone from tinder?

Are you on tinder and have you ever been on a date with someone you met on tinder? i have been on and off on tinder for about 2 years, i didn't take it very serioulsy (maybe mostly for ego boost), but a the same time i really wanted to meet someone.

Anyway, i have been talking to this guy and he is way different then all if the other guysi have talked to, he comes across as he more serious and i can have a actual interesting convo with him and thats he's interested in actually getting to know me. Ofc i dont know that for sure, but like i metioned, he just acts different then any other guy i have talked to.

If things go my way we will meet, and we will take it from there. So anyone with a good, or bad tinder date experience? any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• i use tinder and in my head, i am hoping to actually meet people, but knowing there are people who just use it for an ego boost (i know there will be guys doing that shit too) means they just want to feel attractive for the day, but aren't even interested in the social aspect! lmao. very one sided narcissistic mentality - but hey, thats what i've come to expect from people in general, it's all good, life is just life after all. this is human nature. i know women wouldn't give me the time of day if i wasn't good looking and a good talker anyway, and i don't go for anyone but the girls i think are hot, so it's all relative. we'd both be wasting our time to turn bitter over this shit. we're all retarded, all humankind! haha.

What Guys Said 2

• Don't use tinder to find relationships. Way too dangerous. The guy could be a serial killer. Dating sites are more secure because they have your personal information, so if he was a bad guy, the police would be able to find him. On tinder, there is no way to trace him. Don't do it! People have died, or have been raped, or scammed, because of dating people from Tinder. That shit is scary.

• I have not been on a tinder date mostly because women like yourself use it as an ego boost.

• who doesn't use it for a ego boost? its not like i "like" people and then ignor them, i match with quite a lot of guys but only 25% of them actually talkes to me... so i would never lead a guy in that sense that i would go on a date with him, or even talk to him in a way that would make him think i was planning to go on a dat with him

What Girls Said 2

• I've been on two Tinder dates. Neither guy just wanted me for sex. You can pretty much tell which guys are after it and which guys aren't. Usually if they just want to fuck they will say it straight out or right after they ask you to hang out. The first guy took me to Starbucks and we just did some chit chat then two days later we went to Applebee's. I didn't feel any spark with him so I broke it off. The second guy sounds much like the guy you're describing in your question. We messaged back and fourth for maybe 3 months and then we took our conversations to Facebook messenger and the first time we met was super fun. He NEVER brought up anything sexual or inappropriate. Except once he said he liked kissing in the rain. Me and him went on a second date and that's when we spent a lot of time hanging out outside and later at night we ended up cuddling on his couch. We started to make out only because I suggested it too. And we started seeing each other more and more frequently and... we've been bf and gf for almost four months now and he's awesome and sweet and we're serious about each other. :) So maybe that guy you're talking about really want to connect with someone and not have just sex or friends with benefits .

My one piece of advice is to just ASK him straight up what he's looking for.

• I've been on 2. One was good, one was bad. Ill talk about the good one first. So the guy was very nice, easy to talk to, seemed to be into me. We went out to a nice hibachi dinner & he paid, and then we went back to his house and we kissed a bit. Nothing further. After that we went on a few more dates and they were also good. Me and him just weren't really compatible though. He's a nice guy but just didn't work out.
    The second was with this guy and we went to a baseball game. He picked me up and I don't know if he didn't find me attractive or something but he was immediately a bit stand-offish. He talked about taking me to get dinner before the game and ended up not taking me to dinner or even offering to get me anything at the game (even though he got himself some food and a drink). The conversation was pretty bad, he seemed very uninterested. Then at the end of the night he dropped me off, we hugged and then we never texted eachother again lol. Tinder is a hit and miss basically.

• interesting... any advice for me?

• Try and keep the conversation flowing. Relax and be yourself. I'd suggest going to a movie and then dinner. At least if you're seeing a movie you won't have to worry about awkward silence like what happened to me at the baseball game. Oh or try mini golf! That would be fun because you can talk and play the game at the same time. Also if ur looking for an actual relationship then don't have sex on the first date because he might just be using you for that. I'd just stick to kissing and seeing where it goes from there. hope this helps!

• we dont have things like mini golf here.. so im going to ask if he wants to either grab a drink or a coffee or something! And it helped, thanks :)