What makes guys/girls want the popular girls/guys opposed to ones who aren't?

I'm out of high school but reflecting back to my school days I never understood why guys would practically devote themselves to these girls. Yes most are pretty yes most have a lot of friends but what makes them so different from the girls who are like this but not considered popular.
i used to have this friend who was super pretty got a lot of attention from the guys but she would take advantage of these guys who would do anything for her and have them do her homework etc. I don't think I could ever take advantage of someone like that and feel good about myself.. Yet guys know these girls will do this and still stay. Not saying girls don't do this either I've seen plenty of incidents so what the hell why are we so blinded

Most Helpful Guy

• In HS status is very important. Now that you're out of there, you'll notice how little importance that has on the real world. You'll see guys going out with chubby and unpopular girls. You'll see girls going out with nerdy and not-so-good-looking guys. This was impossible in HS, but no one gives a shit once you're out, so being popular in HS means nothing no more.

What Guys Said 3

• Guys go for these girls because they think their friends will think they are a super-stud if they can land a girlfriend who is so desirable. Then people grow up and the popular girls either get fat or turn into sluts.

• Because we want to do whatever it is possible for us non popular guys/girls to get noticed.

• I dont chase poppy gurls cuz they have a high chance of cheating >.>

What Girls Said 0