Does online dating actually work?

Does anyone here have positive stories from online dating? Myself and a few friends are on it and it seems like it just blows! Three of us have had relationships that started online but it seemed that in all three one person was way more into the relationship than the other. I also feel that it seems like there is always a mismatch in interest levels. One person always seems to be more interested than the other so nothing comes of it. Does anyone have more positive stories here?

Most Helpful Girl

• i think its awful, they even have where you put your salary which is awful for men, and you can put "how much do you want your partner to make" its just not natural at all its like online shopping I don't know.

What Guys Said 3

• My current girlfriend and I met online. Every online pairing doesn't succeed but that's the way it is in real life. I had 6 first (and last) dates with other women before I met my current girlfriend. When you go to the grocery store and you buy a steak, you sort through several to find the best one that you can, and then you feel satisfied with your purchase. Why look at a bunch of steaks if you only want to buy one? To assure yourself that you got the best that was available. That's the way it works, whether you met online or in a bar, etc.

• if you live in a rural area like me, it can be extremely frustrating. the problem with on-line dating is, it's a meat market and beggars can be choosers which makes the whole "getting to know somebody" turn into "getting to know everybody" and people tend to hold themselves back until the "overqualified" responds (which they never will). interest comes with "game" too, so be careful as some people will psyche you to irresistibly fall and chase them. don't run out before the relationship blossoms, the good men are usually slow at these things

• I'm beginning to seriously consider it. Haven't tried it yet though. I'm thinking it can't be much riskier than real life interaction

What Girls Said 5

• In the last few years, I've gone out with probably close to 35 guys (mostly from OK Cupid). Most were just a date or two, some lasted a couple months, and couple that went on for longer. Eventually, everything just ends up fizzling out. The second longest lasting relationship I've had post divorce was someone I met on online, but that didn't last. Ironically, I didn't meet my current boyfriend online.

Bottom Line: mixed results but no real complaints. If I were single again, I'd probably give OKC a try again.

• I think that is the right attitude to have. People forget that most people won't be compatible with them. You really need to date a large number of people to find just the right match.

• I cannot say I am a pro, but after Tinder didn't work out for me, I have switched to another website a friend of mine suggested https://kovla.com/datings/us/denny-regrade There was anything and every thing: you should not lay high expectations on the very first guy you chat with to become your one and only. However, you're likely to meet nice guys there as well. Just try having a casual conversation, and let him be a driver: fasten your seat belt and be ready to strat an exciting journey together. Best of luck!

• I've done a good bit of online dating; However, all of the men i've met have been through forums, esports, and non dating sites. I think the key is to take things slow and really get to know the person. The problem with online dating that you have to watch for is falling for the IDEA of the person instead of the actual person. I went through this with my ex. We dated about a year and a half and it was clear that he had created an image of me that simply didn't match the woman that I actually am.

• 2 guys I met through online dating turned out to be total cunts. But it has worked for a lot of people. It's a huge guessing game.

• I know at least 3 married couples who met online. People's online love life seems to be about what their offline one is like.