Do men appreciate woman being honest with them?

There this guy who is into me and I like him too. We decided to be just friends because we seems to start off at the wrong foot. We casually catch up last night as "friends", though he did pick me up and pay for dinner (I offer to pay him back but he refused). He is very sweet, at dinner he order my favourite food to share. It sounds like a date but it's not lol. We try to keep things friendly. Anyway, when he drove me home, we spent 30mins sitting in the car outside my house just chatting. i told him that I thought he was an ass before and that my first impression on him was not very good. I thought he was a flirt, he said he is but when it comes to really knowing someone he gets really nervous and shy. He admit he was nervous last night. I told him that I actually appreciate him being honest with me. He suggested we should just be friends for now and casually hang out because he doesn't want to disappoint me (which he did before). I told him I actually think being friends is a good idea because I said he is not meeting the bf standards. I said I appreciate the effort he puts in and that he still hang out with even though he looks exhausted. I do like him but I'm happy to stay just friends now. But I don't want him to think I never want to be more than friends. He gave me a hug and a kiss on my cheek before I left. Now, do you think me being too up front may end up offending him? or hurt him? Because sometimes I didn't realise my straight forwardness actually offend people.

Most Helpful Guy

• i hella appreciate it but there's a fine line between being honest "modestly" and just saying whats on your mind... for example.. "would you eat me if i asked you too?"

holy shit do you kiss your mother with that mouth! hahaa

What Guys Said 4

• I like it. Honest and straight to the point. No games and everyone knows where they stand.

• Its always better to know where you stand with someone. The fact that you guys have kinda established what you want is good.

• Straight forwardness is what most women lack. What you're doing is right that way he won't have to try to interpret what you're saying as if you're some Shakespearean poem.

• YES! Yes we do.

And you didn't leave him hanging or make him feel totally dejected so you didn't do anything wrong.

What Girls Said 2

• No one truly appreciates honesty.

• all you need is your vagina