Can a bad reputation be false?

This guy has a kinda bad reputation for being a man slut. But he's my friend and I know he wouldn't be the type. But so rumors ever start out of nothing?

he's good looking. Works out so he has a great bod. So do people just jump to conclusions he must be a man slUt?

Most Helpful Girl

• More than likely where there's smoke there's fire. people don't really start false sexual rumors about guys unless they're questioning his heterosexuality.

Plainly put, people aren't gonna lie and say a guy is a ho. But they may lie and say he's gay

What Guys Said 3

• if u know this guy well... then don'tbelieve stupid rumors...;-)

• Chances are pretty good the rumors are true. Usually if a guy is accused of being a man slut, you have to consider his accusors. Most guys won't throw that title around as most consider this title to be an honor. Women, on the other hand, are the ones who usually suffer from such false rumors. For some reason, if a woman is brazen enough to liberate her sexuality she is wrong? Doesn't make sense to me?

• Rumours can start from misunderstanding etc... So yes they can be wrong.

What Girls Said 3

• Of course it can be false, that's other people who made other people's reputations, rumors aren't always true but sometimes they are
    You shouldn't believe someone is bad because people told you, just get to know him and you'll see

• if he is good looking people are^probably saying he is one, he probably isn't

• Yes it can. I was raped in high school. After that I was known as being easy. Truth be told I never had sex again for 6 years. Barely dated the rest of my school years.