He hasn't said I love you in 10 months of dating?

I have been seeing my boyfriend for 10 months now. We have met each others family and friends and have even went on vacation together. He has become a part of my family and vice versa. Three months ago, I told him I love him. I couldn't wait any longer, it was killing me. He didn't say it back, and told me the reason was he had his heart broken in the past and said it too soon. He gave me a kiss and held my hand. he's shown that he loves me about a million times. He is very supportive of me and protective. And I feel very loved in the relationship, but those three little words have been haunting me. Now, I understand that he couldn't say it at that time, but what has been keeping him from saying it after 10 months? I know I shouldn't be a psycho girl over this, but its making me a bit nuts.

Most Helpful Guy

• In the scheme if things, 10 months is a drop in a bucket when compared to a lifetime of happiness together... its nothing. I've been hurt before as well, so much so that I've sworn off dating altogether. Some people can recover from being hurt and it may take a loooong time. Are you willing to sacrifice everything because of three little words? You even pointed out yourself that he's shown you that he loves you, just give him time...

What Guys Said 3

• Something seems to be a little awry. From my limited experience, 10 months does seem to be a fair while.

First off, as something is bothering you in the relationship, you should have a conversation with him about it, it may be a delicate subject for him, but i don't see why he should get mad at you for sharing your feelings.

The bit that bothers me is "he had his heart broken in the past and said it too soon". You have already said it first, he knows the feelings go both ways, so i don't see it as a reason for him not too. Even though you said it first, if he still isn't comfortable saying it, it sounds like he may never let himself love anyone again.

• The thing that stood out too me is that he said his heart was hurt in the past. Have you two talked about that? 10 months does seem like a fair amount of time to say "I love you."

• So what?
    Maybe he doesn't love you or maybe is afraid of commitment

What Girls Said 2

• Mmmmm sometimes it's difficult to say things like that. I know because I'm the same way. I've dated a guy before who I did/do love but have never actually told him that. The reason was because I thought his actitude would change. He was very into me and I thought if I said it, it would make him fall even harder and I wasn't there yet. I could barely say the words! Lol so I don't know if he's feeling how I felt but it can definitely be a possibility. Maybe he likes how things are now, and feels like those three words might change the relationship into something deeper & he may not be ready for that.

• All that matters is that he shows it. He's action speak louder. There's couples out there were they say "I love you" all the time. But don't show it. It's better to show.