Girls, what do you prefer for a first date?

When a guy asks you for a first date, if he suggests dinner and a movie or dinner and a concert, are you impressed with the effort he wants to make or do you think he is trying too hard? Does it bother you if he suggests the activity without asking for your input?

5

Most Helpful Girl

• I would just say maybe dinner or coffee on the first date...(depends on how long you've known her!) like if you are asking a girl out you just met... maybe just coffee to talk... don't ask her to a wedding... becuase it will catch her off guard and tell you no. And still be regretting her decision a year later.

• That sounds like an actual experience from your history, yes?

• Okay! So What if I text the number? And be like hey is this -------? This is --------? If it wouldn't be weird for me to text him. What should I say? I mean I don't want to say too much. Becuase I want to say more of it in person. What if he doesn't answer..,. because he doesn't recognize the number?

• You could text your name and number and say, "Can you please call me? There's something important I need to ask you! Don't want to text it to you."

What Girls Said 4

• I'd say movie & dinner for the first date lol as cliché as it is, it's a perfect balance. Also I'd love for him to take initiative but wouldn't like if he didn't ask for input. We both have to want to do it.

• Men and women have been doing the dinner and movie date combo since dinosaur days because it works. A meal at a restaurant gives you some time to talk uninterrupted by times when you don't need to talk, then a movie gives you a long time when you don't need to talk, then you can talk about the movie. For people who are worried about the possibility of awkward silences, it is a good solution.

• Yes! It is a safe set up :)

• a first date should include lots of time to talk, id say a dinner and concert sounds funner movie is so quite.

• I would say movies. You are seeing something you both enjoy with all of the side commentary could really be a fun night and then after go get frozen yogurt or a coffee to joke around or talk. I'd love for that t be a first date

• I'll be impressed because he didn't make me decide what to do. It's nice to know that the guy takes initiative