Are you single because you want to be, or because you can't find anyone you want to be with?

Be honest with yourself.

• I choose to be single.
  • I can't find anyone.
  • Results.

Most Helpful Guy

• No I've found her already. I just can't get the courage to ask her out

• You know, not knowing what could happen is much worse than being rejected. Just ask her.

• I hesitate bc we're both seniors and school is almost done. Not much point in that

• Good, you have nothing to lose.

What Guys Said 68

• I'm single because:
    ●I'm shy guy
    ●I'm not trying
    ●I'm not in love with anybody
    ●I'm loser
    ●I think it'll fail again
    ●I'm not attractive that girls would approach me
    ●I'm focused on my career now
    ●I'm introvert
    ●I'm unlucky
    ●I don't have that much contacts
    ●I missed so many opportunities.
    ●I waste time.
    ●Multiple personality disorder
    ●I'm devil
    ●I had so many, now I'm tired
    ●Even I don't know who I am.

• Umm... well, even though I'm 16 and that's why I don't want a girlfriend or any relationship, I'll still answer this, and I'll give a specific example. At the beginning of this school year (Sophomore), there was this tall, thin, girl who had long blonde hair, and she's very quiet and mysterious (She is always alone) (I say tall, but really she is the same height, like 5'7 or 5'8, but she seems tall), and since I've always been that dark (Personality wise), loner, quiet guy that no one knows, I just assumed I wouldn't talk to her and that was the end of it. Well, I've finally decided to talk to her, not to get a girlfriend or anything, but might as well, right? But with the 2 friends I have, we've always joked and laughed about our looks and we didn't really care, but now I think it got to my head and I put myself at the bottom of the good-looking scale, even though I get compliments all the time. And my clothing style is not really 2000s, it's more like 1970s, because I listen to 70s rock and play rock guitar. But if you saw a guy with dark brown curly hair, wearing a navy blue zip up hoodie, a Zeppelin shirt, and jeans, what would you think of him?

• I would think he's got good taste in music.

• Ha, the good side of girls these days, am I right? If only all girls listened to Zep, or at least knew them, or just have heard the name before... lowering my standards.

• Choice A. I'm only open to a relationship. However, mosta the girls in my area are too messed up. It is full of girls who are just plain trouble.

• A few reasons, but I'll give you the short version of some of them.

1) I work a lot and don't have a great deal of time. 2) I'm really shy and low-energy, so even going to socialize can be a chore. 3) There aren't many women in my age group where I live. The few that there are are already married, engaged, or dating someone.

• There really should be a third or fourth option here... Some people get so broken hearted that they can't really get into a relationship anymore. It isn't really that they choose to be single but they recognize that is best for all. Similar for people who have an STD that is incurable like AIDS. To protect others, they abstain from sex.

• Also, prisoners can't have sex whenever they want. Sailors too. This is an opportunity problem, not a choice.

• I can't find one. I don't know if it's because I'm too picky, or suddenly girls don't like me.
    I've been trying for years and I've gotten nothing... hope is starting to run out :S

• Seriously very hard to believe!

• @cl_517 You have that feeling too? xD Maybe we should just remain friends... platonic friends perhaps.

• @AleDeEurope you breaking my heart but okay platonic friends sound good! <3 <3

• It actually is because gurls are intimidating becuase they are mythical creatures that we nees to have sum kinda magical laser beam shooting outta our asses to get with them 😔

• I'm picky AF, homie!. Asssss Fuuuuuuuuuuck!

• I'm single and have been on dates but nothing worth seeing again. It's hard to find someone with all the right chemistry.

• If true love existed i think more people would be in relationships
    including myself my problem got lot of trust issues and just don't
    know if some real girl is out there to say i can trust her.

• Somewhere between A and B - Came out of a bad relationship a few years back so will be ultra careful about next relationship.

• I choose to be single because the only relationship I'm interested in is marriage, so once I will be able to get married I'm sure that I will find that girl who I love and then marry her and that's all.

• Single. Both because I'm lazy and picky. Off the top of my head, I can think of maybe six girls that showed heavy interest in me in college, but I didn't do anything or make a move, because I'm picky. And because I'm lazy, I didn't go to parties or hit up bars to meet girls.

• I would have to say it's a combination of both to be honest...

I've turned down girls or didn't chase certain girls because I want to remain single, but I'm single because I enjoy not being held accountable to somebody else at my age (24). At the same time, I would appreciate a girl that was into similar things as me... or that is compatible, haven't really found a girl whose personality has intrigued me...'til then I'm happy being single and will continue to live my life in such a manner.

• I'm not single, but being single has a lot of advantages:
    You can do whatever you like
    You can date whomever you want
    And you can sleep with anyone that lets you.

• I broke up with a girl I couldn't see myself with 5 years down the road and have regretted it ever since. She was the only person that has ever liked me for me and since then I have found nobody. Definitely not single by choice, but single because I messed up.

• I'm single because I have trouble "putting myself out there", as it were. Until recently I wanted to be single, but now things have changed.

• Both. I can't find anyone who wants to be with me or who I want to be with (distance is a major factor) and also I am very busy and have no time for a relationship.

• A little bit of both. I'm too busy working, going to college and doing my sports extracurriculars and I have a bit of a difficulty finding the right woman for me.

• I don't seem to be able to attract girls that I'm attracted to. So its really hard to even find a date. But I'm hoping soon that'll change. I'm losing weight, and starting to workout again.

• I'm a very busy individual and at this critical stage of my life have no time nor interest in relationships.
    And it feels good not to give a s**t what anyone thinks of me.
    Ironically, this attitude came over the past year, about the same time my looks came into play and girls started showing any unprovoked interest in me, guess it must be true that those who feel they could have something become less interested in it.

• I once took a period to be alone because I wanted to be. I just found relationships to be too draining. I don't need someone pressuring me into something I don't want to be in, and that seemed to be 90% of my encounters with women so I just stopped. I also had way more fun this way too as I was doing whatever I wanted without a girl nagging me or being a mood killer around my friends.

• It's none of the above. It's purely down to ridiculously deep seated psychological fears and insecurities that have slowly grown over years. I consider myself damaged and beyond any woman possibly being capable of finding me attractive. Even when girls show interest I can't fathom why and immediately shut the possibility down in my mind because I can't believe it to be a possibility. That, and I'm a right moody asshole.

• The kind of women that I want doesn't want me and does who am not interested want me so its a bit complicate I even do date some women at the begining its OK and after they just change their mind, because they don't believe me on saying how come a surch good look can be single so I don't know what to do

• Mix of both.

• Combination.

• I'm pretty happy being single. I don't even remember the last time I even asked someone out.

• Actually, you must have added 'Both of A and B' as a Vote C because i choose to be single because i can't find anyone suitable for me :)))))

• I choose to be single rather than settle for someone that isn't good enough.

• Single but looking at the moment.

• More from Guys
    38

What Girls Said 34

• Both really... these days love is just so conditional... you ether be what someone wants you to be or no deal... people would rather change others than find somone who is a match for them... plus being someone that is more more open to things of the universe people are scared of me... men are scared of me... they call me psychotic and try to tye me down instead of being accepting, even with friends i can't find anyone who will ever truly accept me for me... i've just come to the conclusion id be kidding myself thinking most people these days would ever accept me when they aren't accepting... if i don't brag about things and be submssive to others people stay far... away from me because they know i'm not submisive person, so... since i have no hope of making friends... what's the luck of finding the love of my life? lol.

• My ex left me two months ago, that was against my choice. I wasn't single by choice but I soon told myself I will stay single for a while and enjoy time by myself for a change. For a while, I couldn't find anyone (not that I was looking), there were no dating potentials, but there's about three/four guys interested in dating me right now so it's not that I can't find anyone. I'm interested in dating one of them, but he's not ready to date right now and neither am I. Even though the other guy was ready to date now, I wasn't interested in him and I also wanted to be single. Even guys I want to date, I tell them I'm not ready to date yet, it would be unfair on the guy. So it's by choice right now.

• I don't like dating "just to date". If I'm dating someone, it's likely that I quite possibly find them marriage material.

• It's a mix. I don't care enough right now to look for anyone, but I also have difficulty meeting guys who'd be compatible, so I probably wouldn't have much luck even if I did make an effort.

• I think most of the time when I was single, it was because I couldn't find someone I wanted to be with/wanted to be with me. Sometimes I couldn't find nobody interesting that would made me fall in love/feel anything strong towards them.
    I can still be happy when I'm single but I think finding somebody to complete me makes me happier.

• I guess I can't find anybody it's more difficult finding some one when your in a wheelchair

• I'm sorry... isn't this the same thing?

I'm pretty sure if all single people found a person they got along with perfectly, loved completely, and found them one of the most attractive humans on the planet... they wouldn't choose to BE single!

Sooo, I don't really understand how to answer this question.

• In my opinion, the person you described is more of an ideal than a reality. There's a difference between finding someone you want to be with and finding someone who's 100% perfect. Some people will settle. Some people won't, or choose not to, for various reasons.

• It's not even that I can't get any, it's that I don't like my options. (Not trying to sound shallow) I've had several friends pine after me and I've rejected them all. It just seems in my highschool there's no one new or anyone I have feelings for. I'm happy being single, but I've always wanted a relationship, although I'm fine for now until I find someone I actually want to be in one with

• I'm single because I can't find anyone who wants to be with me.

• I'm not actively looking right now. Can't say that I'm 100% happy being single but I'm not sad about it either. I'm content I guess you could say.

• It's mostly my choice. I chose to get stuck with famous guys and all I can think of is dating them and not anyone else. Then again, people don't hit on me in real life (weird, isn't it?-just kidding) but even if they did I wouldn't respond. I'm just 17, if the guy isn't in One Direction, he doesn't stand a chance (for now). :D

• B - I just can't... o. O

It's messed UP!

• I haven't been interested in being with anyone. I'm damaged goods , yo !

• i guess you're a girl with a broken heart? If that's so i'm sorry you had to go through that. But you'l get over it with time (hopefully)

• There are plenty of guys out there that I could be with if I wanted to, but I would rather be single and find the right guy.

• I choose to be single because I don't want any more bad relationships. But I have someone that's exceptional for me that I'm gonna start being with soon

• I am single because I have decided to be. I have had my opportunities to be in a relationship but I believe that is not for me at the moment.

• when ever i feel sad i listen to this song when my boyfriend is not next to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3E9Wjbq44E

• I'm single because I choose to be. But on the other hand pickings are a bit slim in this small town.

• I'm just not interested. I know I'm emotionally unavailable right now.

• Can't find anyone

• I can't find anyone

• I can't find anyone to be with but that's fine at least I can focus on school right now and not have to make time for anyone.

• I can't find anyone to be trusted with my heart yet.

• I haven't met anyone I want to be with but I kind of like being single

• I choose to be single and I'm fine with it

• A and b. Im single because I choose to be because I can't find anyone I have a spark with

• Waiting for the guy God has chosen for me. :)

• Haven't found that guy who I feel connected with.

• Because I'm picky

• The guys I like never like me back...

• More from Girls
    4