Why do some people like to disappear on you? Dating-wise?

I got involved with a guy who took things way too fast with me which scared me but I liked him so it wasn't really a bad thing.

But apparently he REALLY liked me. His words. he made time to see me everyday. Met my family. He talked as if we were already a thing but we had just been involved with each other for a few days.

But yesterday we had plans and he ignored my text. Never got in touch with me. But he was talking to other people. Not a huge deal maybe? But I texted him saying hey if you aren't interested in seeing me please say so, don't leave me hanging. No reply.

I come to find out that he has done this to another girl. Tells her he likes her and then goes silent for a few months. (In my case he's only been silent for 2 days but still)

The difference though is that he talked to me everyday, made plans with me, met my family, etc and he never did those things with her. But still, same thing.

Why do people insist on disappearing? What motivates someone to do that?

Also, do you think I'm overreacting?

What Guys Said 1

• Play the same game and start ignoring him when he comes around.

• I just want to know why.

• Because he's not interested, that's why. He was only the way he was so he can entertain himself. That was it

• I can't imagine being entertained by pretending to like someone. People are awful.

What Girls Said 1

• They get overwhelmed, then head for the exit to save face...