So I've been told that what I'm doing to my girlfriend is controlling, what do you think?

Me and my girlfriend have been together 3 years just about and I would say we have a pretty good relationship. We argue like most couples do and me being a typical male can do and say silly things (such as not coming home till early hours, spending money on stuff I don't need and leaving a mess at home). She's a moody madam when she wants to be, and when she doesn't forgive me I tickle her and refuse to stop untill she does. It's an innocent way of dealing with things because 1. It instantly puts her in a good mood and she has to smile when she's forced into uncontrollable laughter, 2. It avoids an argument as it's laughed off and 3. She doesn't have a problem with it. However a pal of hers has stuck her nose in and is saying that I'm controlling as it's forcing her to forgive me. Personally I think it's ridiculous, we have a great relationship and if anything she is the boss of me but this pal of hers mentioned it to her boyfriend who says I'm "harsh" what does everyone else's think?

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's one thing I've learned from my relationship-it's that people outside of the relationship know absolutely nothing about what's inside the relationship. Don't listen to this friend, you're not being controlling. If your girlfriend thinks your controlling then you are, but if it's just someone who's not even in the relationship then they have no idea what they're talking about. Tell her to get her nose out of your relationship or you'll get your nose into hers.

What Girls Said 2

• I could see if she found it a bit annoying occasionally but it's not controlling.

• "3. She doesn't have a problem with it." I think her friend should calm down.

What Guys Said 2

• Yep, they need to just mind their own business.

• Sounds pretty ridiculous to me. Even if it was "controlling", why would making someone happy be considered a bad thing?