Is it ok to tell a guy you went out with for the first time you were nervous?

I was really nervous this afternoon on the first date with this guy. I think he's really nice. He hugged me at the end which I take it as a good sign? Also that he walked me to my car? But what would this seem like to you guys if a girl told you that? Especially if its the first thing you hear from her after the date. I'm nervous about meeting again too. I'm a nervous awkward person becuase I don't want to screw up because my personality is very bubbly. Please help. Thank you

Most Helpful Guy

• If a girl told me she was nervous, I'd probably just try and reassure her that I'm a normal person. Maybe your dates don't allow you to be you. That's what dates are supposed to be for anyway. If I were you, I'd think of an activity that would be appropriate to act yourself, like going to the beach or a theme park so you can go crazy and nobody cares, and suggest it for your next outing.

What Guys Said 3

• I think most guys would find that cute and adorable. It's a whatever thing, if you want to say it then go ahead, it won't hurt you at all.

Hugging and walking to the car doesn't necessarily mean anything. Some guys do that consciously because they know you are paying attention, other guys like myself just do it... don't really know why, maybe it's because we're genuinely nice or something, who knows. We don't stop to analyze this shit, to be honest. So know, don't take it as a for sure sign of anything, from any guy. There is always that doubt.

Once I walked a transexual homo male back to his dorm when I was back in college. I knew him in passing and when I passed him on the street late one night and said hi, he looked really nervous and he told me that some nasty bully had been harassing him the last few weeks and that he felt really unsafe out on the street by himself. I told him not to worry about it and that I'd walk with him back to his dorm, a quarter mile away, on a cold, Oregonian, winter night. I didn't do it because I was into him. So yea, guys will do this just because.

• Well it may make it obvious that your behavior is based on nervousness rather than dislike. That may be helpful if you like this guy because he may end up taking it as you not having much interest and then not asking you out again.

• if u told me u were nervous, then i'd assume...

"no good basically... she finds me boring"

What Girls Said 0