What are your biggest deal breakers?

Things that turn you off completely or end any chance of a date/relationship.

For me, it's violence. If a guy shows any kind of violent behaviour I will walk away immediately and never take him back. Same goes with cheating.

Updates:
Wow thanks to every one who took the time to answer my question. Wasn't expecting so many answers!! Going to be hard choosing MHO. Looks like smoking was the most popular answer followed by drugs and cheating. So in short, stay healthy and faithful to the ones you're with. :)

0|2
24|42

Most Helpful Guy

• Cheating. Apparently GaG doesn't allow short opinions so…

Once upon a time there lived a tiny little sausage named Baldrick. And he lived happily ever after. The end.

4|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 41

• -Smoking
    (cannot stand the smell, staining, nor the idea of her health deteriorating. Or any other drugs)

-excessive drinking and partying
    (not a fan)

-Violence
    (whether to herself, animals, or anyone else)

-Immaturity
    (Pretty standard)

-Cheating
    (My biggest one. Despite it's a deal breaker for me, I'm absolutely petrified of that. One of my biggest fears)

2|1
    0|0
  • 1. Arbitary rules, controlling, demanding.
    2. Story keeps changing.
    3. Hides me from her friends and family like I'm something to be ashamed of.
    4. No shared faith.
    5. Dramatically different politics, and closed to suggestion.
    6. General flakiness.
    7. Either a complete rebel, or a total Pharisee.
    8. No return effort.
    9. Inability to manage money.
    10. No inside voice, or no passion for anything. Either extreme.

Those are my dealbreakers.

1|0
    0|1
  • Drugs and/or excessive drinking.
    Single parent
    Overweight (probably the biggest issue I see with girls)

Anything pretty obvious. Like violence to me should go without saying.

0|2
    1|0
  • Someone not well versed in the art of banter or has a second head growing out of her shoulders... or god speaking to her in her head.

0|0
    0|0
  • Smoking.. liers.. immaturity.. girls who are a flirt to every guy they see.. drinkers... bitchy attitude

0|1
    0|0
  • She owns 30 cats and she calls them her children.

4|3
    0|0
    • LOL that's too funny. I've never met anyone with no more than 3 cats and even that seems like a lot to me.

• Show All
    • LMAO @Northeast106 that's hilarious!!

• lol. Yeah she has about 6 or 7 cats in a small apartment. Still she's a good neighbor, she's never cause any problems.

• Superficiality, that's my main deal breaker. If puppies do not make her go awww, that's a red flag.

1|1
    0|0
  • 1. Smoker
    2. Drug addict
    3. Alcoholic
    4. Bitchy
    5. Arrogant
    6. Excessive tattoos
    7. Excessively overweight
    8. Excessively underweight
    9. Wants children
    10. Any religion aside from Christian

But hey, that's just me 😛

0|1
    0|0
    • Oh yes, and also:

11. Any signs of masculinity
      12. Bi-sexual
      13. Any past recored of infidelity
      14. Liar
      15. Criminal record of anything worse than shoplifting

• If a woman has a sarcastic nasty personality complete turn off

0|2
    0|0
    • Im just curious, what kind of humor do you look for in a woman? Sarcasm is my main form of humor, so I can't think of humor type than sarcasm but we're all different so im just curious what your view is

• @reneemaltintree Playful sarcasm i can handle
      i was thinking that sarcasm where one is nasty
      kind of can be hurtful to me haahaha

• Can you follow me so I can send you a message about this further topic I just need advise

• No sense of humour/takes things too seriously...
    And people with a high opinion of themselves, I really like women that are grounded

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Obese (33%)
    2. Hippies, Hipsters (10%)
    3. Smoker (14%)
    4. Judgmental
    5. Violent
    6. Attitude
    7. below average intelligence

0|1
    0|0
  • Not wanting kids or to get married.

1|1
    1|0
  • If she's stupid
    Ends all her sentences with a question mark
    Cuts herself
    Talks bad about herself
    Easy etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being dead. That's not hot.

1|1
    0|0
  • Does drugs, smokes, doesn't like kids, doesn't have a sense of humor, thinks her shit doesn't stink, doesn't like dogs or pets, not down to earth, has gauges in her ear, is a vegetarian, liar, cheater, no manners, not polite

0|0
    1|0
  • I once backed out on asking a girl out who was interested in me because I noticed she hadn't shaved her armpits and it was getting kinda long. I guess that's a deal breaker. Other than that just an unattractive face and being obese would be my deal breakers. Other than that if I find a girl just a little attractive I wouldn't mind taking them out on dates if they're down for it.

0|0
    0|0
    • And I would take girls out who have political views and opinions that differ from mines. I can honestly say that because I already have.

• if they have entitlement

0|1
    0|0
  • Deal breaker, deal breaker...
    Smoking is one.
    I don't know what else I could call a deal breaker before a relationship even starts.

0|0
    0|0
    • It doesn't have to be before a relationship. It could be something that u won't tolerate during a relationship. Something they would do that would have u immediately end it. Ex. Cheating, lying, stealing etc.

• All right here we go:
      Cheating
      Lying
      Stealing.

• I'm going to admit I have a shallow side. If she's somewhat bad looking to me it's a deal breaker. I want someone who genuinely looks pretty to me. please...

0|0
    0|0
  • Smoking, drinking, gambling, cheating, beating, bad treating, no manners, too much tattoos, piercings on clit/nipples, sexual experiences,...

There is a big list...😜

0|1
    0|1
  • She's Asian. Biggest deal breaker for me since I've never been attracted to one. I'm one of the odd ones.

0|0
    0|2
  • Cigarette smokers, divas, republicans, dumb asses.

1|2
    0|0
  • If they feel the need to show off. I know we all want to show off every once in a while, but people who crave everyone's attention is a big no no

0|0
    0|0
  • Drugs
    Arrogance
    Those are the big ones.

0|1
    0|0
  • Main ones are smoking / drugs.
    Excessive drinking
    Not kind / respectful to others.

0|0
    0|0
  • drug use
    contolling
    shallow thinking

0|0
    0|0
  • Liberalism/Marxism.

0|0
    0|0
  • im not huge on girls who smoke, or do drugs. And girls with a terrible attitude

0|0
    0|0
  • If she doesn't have a sense of humor or understand sarcasm I don't know if we'd get along too well

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not super picky but anyone who is mean to other people, is really arrogant, and doesn't let you go down on her-I have never understood that last one but I had a gf who couldn't stand it

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 24

• Ditto to you. Violence, cheating or if I think he's not clear in his own head what he wants (i. e. commitment-phob) Fair enough that not everyone wants a relationship. But if we're acting lke it's a relationship but he's still can't be clear what we are then it's just going to cause a whole lot of uncertainty and heartache. If he wants time I'll give him time, but I'm not going to carry on guessing and wondering what we are. Been there before with a commitment-phobe - never putting myself through it again. Also, someone that wants to rush things physically. I'll be upfront from the start that I take my time. If that's not what he wants and wants to walk away, I don;t think bad of him, I appreciate his honesty. But if I lay my cards on the table and then the person sticks around but keeps badgering me, I am not going to be pushed into anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • Violence, bullying, smoking, vulgar jokes, enjoys being rude, immature (or at least doesn't know how to act mature), thinks the world of himself (or any way of narcissism), no manners, lying, cheating, is against Christianity (I'm a Christian so this is a big deal), sexist, racist, shallow, not even the least bit committed, is known for his many girlfriends, addicted to his phone/computer/whatever else, curses constantly, doesn't respect limits, doesn't have limits, hides things, clingy and overbearing and too lovey, gets too close, interrogates people just to know things, gossips, just overall negative, depressing attitude, no self-control, don't share any interests... yep, that's my short list for ya

1|1
    0|0
    • Oh I definatley agree with the one about being addicted to their phone. Especially when I'm trying to have an actual conversation in person or on a date with them. I always put my phone away or on silent when I'm with someone.

• I can't stand people who seem to be attached to their phone. It's like it's the end of the world if the stupid thing dies and they can't charge it or they have a heart attack if they drop it or they cry if they lose it for a day

• I totally agree! Violence and cheating are my two main deal breakers. If a guy is violent with me and/or cheats on me there is exactly a 0% chance that I will take him back. Ever. I have experienced that before and I have never let myself be low enough to take back that kind of guy ever.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mamma's boy
    Violence
    Drugs (weed is fine)
    Immaturity (like not having any ambitions)
    Too religious
    Homophobic
    Too fat
    If he thinks Game of Thrones sucks :D
    Very hairy back and shoulders
    One eyebrow

0|2
    0|0
    • "Very hairy back and shoulders" "One eyebrow" Is that about grooming for you? (If he removed the offending hair would you date him?)

• Yes I would :)

• Smoking, drugs, disrespectful, promoting stereotypes, sagging/untidy appearance, lack of hygiene, Ghetto, Loud, No manners, partying to much.. No realistic future plans... Lack of drive, talkers but no action, immature, doesn't understand boundaries & privacy (I don't want a relationship where everything that goes on is on social media I'm just more private)
    Aggressive, always hype attention seeking, Dishonesty, too irresponsible, doesn't know or make it clear his intentions or what he wants, Arrogance! If he isn't open minded to new things/change... Not in changing him.. But in evolving and growing. Doesn't like deep meaningful conversations lol or that I use big word sometimes...
    Also if he shows that he doesn't have a heart for helping others (in the sense of him being disgusted by it or that it's not his problem..) (whether it be a animal, homeless person.. Volunteering his time for a cause, helping an senior... whatever) <~ can't stand people like that...

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely cheating, someone who's cheated before.. someone who has slept with more than 6 girls. Someone who is snobby and only thinks about themselves. A guy that loves him self a bit too much and takes longer to get ready than i do.. Bad breath

0|1
    0|0
  • . Not serious about hygiene
    . Very sucky attitude
    . Terrible sense of humor
    . Snappish // Violatile
    . Has "crazy eyes"
    . A compulsive liar
    . Known for leeching off others or stealing
    . Lacks common sense
    ."Hates" or "strong dislikes" children... Wtf?
    . Shallow, yet has not a pot to piss in
    . Shows very few emotions
    . Exaggerated masculinity
    . Internalized homophobia/biphobia/transphobia
    . Easily discouraged
    . Heavily into partying or taking risks
    . That 'YOLO' mentality... NO MA'AM. She/Him/Zir can keep that to themselves.

1|0
    0|0
  • When he use swear words in almost every sentence.
    Unhygienic.
    If he is a player
    Smoking
    Drugs
    Controlling.
    Hits women. It's okay in self defense otherwise, no.
    Hates children.

0|2
    0|0
  • violent. disrespectful. unaffectionate. low sex drive/boring in bed. overweight. unhygienic.

1|1
    0|0
  • Anyone whose a bigot. So if your homophobic, racist, antisemetic, etc I hate you. And it really just how's me how dumb you are in the first place

0|0
    0|0
  • Aggressive
    Too jealous / controller
    Closed minded
    Disrespectful
    Cheats
    Rude
    Judgmental
    Poor hygiene
    Too Religious

0|0
    0|0
  • Liars/Cheaters
    Cocky
    No goals
    judgmental
    Close minded

0|1
    0|0
  • The biggest deal breaker.. would be being close-minded and heavy drinker and smoker.

1|1
    0|0
  • Smokers, people who are homophobic, racist, transphobic, ect/ dont value the lives of animals / make rape jokes/ are conceited

0|0
    0|0
  • An insecure man who doesn't know what he wants. Oh, and guys who think women should have sex with them because they (the guy) bought them (the women) a drink

0|0
    0|0
  • If a guy is shorter than me. :p and if a guy is chubby

0|0
    0|0
  • Poor personal hygiene and smoking

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone who dislikes kids. Does drugs and is an alcoholic.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bragging
    Cheating
    Superiority complex.

1|0
    0|0
  • drugs, puts people down, being fake, overly conceited, no sense of humor at all, racist to any kind of race..

0|0
    0|0
  • Mean, rude, and obnoxious.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ignorance, religion, homophobia, plain stupidity, being conservative, old fashioned or any kind of narrow minded. A sexist or one of those freaks who beliefs in "the good in all people"

0|1
    0|0
  • If he's disrespectful

0|0
    0|0
  • Any hostility toward people or animals (of course I understand when people are angry but if they go into a verbal or physical rage over it I'm out). I don't tolerate excessive drinking and absolutely no smoking cigarettes. I accept occasional use of marijuana if they are a truly wonderful person.

1|0
    0|0