17yr old girl with 14yr old guy?

I am really starting to like this guy. Yes I know it's 3 years and I'm almost legal, but I seriously cannot stop thinking about him!! I don't know what to do? He's really mature for his age and looks about 16, and he's also really sweet and funny! I really don't know what to do? Please help!

• Date him!
  • Definitely stay away
  • Umm depends...(specify in comments plz)
  • Other (specify please)

Most Helpful Girl

• Date him... just don't fuck him (sorry for the straight forwardness). Wait till he's of legal age otherwise you'll be in some deep shit. He sounds like a cutie batootie by the way :)

• Yeah I don't plan on sex till marriage so I'm not worried about that part:) thank you!!!

What Guys Said 6

• Don't let this age thing stop you from being with him. You said he's mature and your gap is just 3 years. Go ahead and date him.

• Just a warning to check the laws in your locale if you are contemplating having sex with him. It could be illegal and have serious consequences for you.

• It's okay, I don't plan on sex till marriage so that part in fine with:)

• Date him. Fuck societies views on it

• I think he is too young.

• Yea go for it , people might say it's weird immature and so on , but go for it

• Eh its usually men getting acused of statutory rape so go for it lol

What Girls Said 8

• Date. My boyfriend is 21 I am 28
    But yeah we are adults. Soon you'll be 18 and he will be 15, but I dont see it as such a huge deal as maybe some others in society would. + your a girl which often for people makes it less offensive than if you would be the younger one. I wouldn't give a shit what people say about it.

Also some people are older for their age, so you 2 may seem the same age when people look at you, just like me and my boyfriend. I look younger than I am and he just looks his age.

• Yeah true, the only thing I'm scared about is that society will keep bringing me down about it:/

• Grow up? You're almost 18. I'm assuming you're about to go to college and what he looks or acts like does not matter to the law.

Common sense. Use it.

• I'm not going to do anything bad with him, I'm not stupid. I do have common sense, and to me, 3 years is not a big deal, only in society. There are adults with a 15 year gap between their age and I know it's amplified when you're younger but it's only 3 years...

• But he's more mature than a 14 yr old

• So? It doesn't matter. I'm sure his parents wouldn't like you "preying"--many will see it as that--on their son.

To me, it's weird. But do whatever you want. It's your life.

• your a perv.

• How? We are both in highschool and it's not like I'm asking about dating a 7th grader lol

• well if you say so kissing leads to sex so... hahah I think its wrong to date that young but it okay I am not going be sex offender.

• Neither will I

• As long as you're not having sex then everything is okay. Because the law is someone 14 can only have sex with someone 2 years older or 2 years younger. There's no law about dating I don't think

• If you truly want him, wait for him to meet the age of consent (16). If it's meant to be, it won't break you, it'll only make you stronger... Lol.

• In some states the age of consent is 17 or 18.

• The age of consent goes hand-in-hand with typical logic... Unless you'll be casually dating other people (of your respective ages/age range), which doesn't even invalidate the possibility, sex could still result at some point and YOU, being considered the adult, could easily get in more trouble behind the relationship.

If you think you can make it work, my advice would be to make sure both of you have the blessings of your parents... Sounds weird, but all it takes is one pissed off mother or father to make your life hell and while I'm sure you accept the possibility, they should still know what's up. Another thing please (please, please, PLEASE) remember *NEVER* to sext him. NO suggestive or obvious sexual texts, I don't give a damn if he sends them first, you don't do it and put a stop to it, because that'll come back on YOU.

• That's so true, thank you:)

• Age is but a number.

• I'm 19 and my boyfriend is 16. But the age of consent in my state is 16. What state do you live in?

• Nahhhh. He's too young. Wait until he's older