Should you trust a nice guy?

When a guy seems overly nice to me I always get concerned that there has to be something up. Anyone else feel this way? Maybe it's just cause I have trust isuses.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are definitely guys who will act nice because they think that's their ticket to your vagina. Some of them are slick pick-up artists and these are the "nice guys" women usually fall for that end up burning them. Even some of the more introverted "nice guys" are just after sex though; because they may be lacking in other areas of attractiveness, they see "nice" as their best option.

So yeah, a dose of skepticism is healthy, but if you're being paranoid to the point that you're dropping any guy who is nice to you from consideration because he *might* have a selfish motive, you're doing yourself a disservice.

What Guys Said 33

• That moment when the world is so fucked up being nice to someone will evoke sensation of mistrust from the other person thinking there are ulterior motives.

• Trust your own gut feeling.

funny-pictures-blog.com/.../First-date.jpg

• Agreed, those guys are not-desperate and ready to move on (if not treated properly).

Woman are more attracted to the guys who they perceive as 'hard to get'. He is unpredictable, more fun, not a boot-licker.

Infact most players play hard to get, as they already have many choices to choose girls frim

• This is why girls keep chasing them.

• Guys almost always have an ulterior motive one way or another. They start of a nice guy complimenting you in almost every way, then you and him become a friend of some sort, then he makes sort of move and it goes on from there. It's a pattern that most guy uses. Not all guys are like that, but there are guys who would go to certain length just to get into someone's pants.

• Lolz on the Asian guy that keeps on downvoting me. Like I care.. I say whatever is on my mind, I don't kiss up or suck up to anyone just because she's a girl.

• Most men want to get into your pants. And by the way.. this is completely normal. Being nice is not what giving you bad vibes.. it is probably that he is overdoing it or that he is giving you more attention than you feel the situation warrants.

This is , funny enough, the psychology of humans. If someone is too nice to us , we tend to get suspicious. Even if we were ready to have sex with them before.. we tend to pause.

Should you trust a nice guy ? Trust him with what exactly...

• If you're not going to trust a guy who is nice to you, then who are you going to trust? Guys that are mean to you? Think about what your setting yourself up for with this dynamic. A guy treats you nicely (which should be a good thing) and you assume there's a sinister motive. I think you're right about having trust issues. But at least you recognize that you do and can work on that so you don't get into self-defeating cycles with guys.

• In my experience I have found the guys who were initially nice to me to end up being the worst. Where as at least with an asshole guy I already know what I am getting myself into there's no surprises there.

• you goddamned bitch!

now that you trust me, I think you should quit worrying in general. good day :) (you fuckin moron!)

• basically... u make genralisations it seems...;-)

• You should judge whether he is saying nice things or doing nice things. And also whether he is being honest and daring to disagree.

If he's just saying nice things, but not really doing anything, then bad sign.

Also if he's basically just sucking up to you.

• Most of the time yes. I am a nice guy but I'm nice to everyone, guy or girl. I like to make people smile and laugh and give a nice positive feeling to the people I'm around. I've met some girls who would think I was up to something by being nice but I had no interest in getting in their pants, or getting their money or whatever other things women think men try to get from them by being nice. Women need to understand that there are some genuine nice guys out there who aren't up to anything malicious.

• If they're overly nice I would be cautious, but don't suspend trust right away. Wait for a clearer reason otherwise you probably have trust issues

• Yes and no. Just cuz he is nice doesn't mean you have to trust him. Make him earn your trust

• "If something feels and looks wrong, it usually is" especially with the majority of guys, they're crafty, it's almost sickening.

• Just be courteous back. But yes take it with a grain of salt. Don't be too distrusting he might actually be the real deal and have no hidden agenda for what he's doing.

• You have to defrentiate between the nice guy that's genuinely nice and the nice guy who's such just to get laid.

• You should trust someone because they have earned your trust not simply because they are nice.

• No never ever

• You really can't know for sure. And I hate that theirs guys out there that are giving us nice guys a bad name, I am naturally a nice and caring guy and has no ulterior motives. We need love too.

• Yes you should, there are lots of assholes in this world, the nice caring guys are hard to come by. Trust him or make him earn your trust!

• I think that rather than trusting the guy who is nice to you, you should do what most girls do, which is to start flirting with the biggest assholes and/or with guys who are the most likely to treat you like shit and slap you around now and then to keep you in line.

• You should work on your trust issues first and start dating later. It's not healthy to date people in fear that they only want to hurt you, dating should be a pleasant experience.

• People like you are why I don't even bother trying to be nice to people anymore. Sometimes I guess it's just better to go through life with a straight face and never show emotion.

• Well don't blame me blame the seemingly nice guys who turned out to be the worst people ever for my trust issues.

• Thinking of people is really fucked up... Even being nice was now a potential threat... Its not completely your fault either.

• when you're nice, something is up, assholes are attractive and seem they got something but they get surprised theyre assholes and dont treat them as they wish.

there's something always wrong lol

• Yes trust but withouy bring naive

• Is he a nice pushover kinda guy, the ones with low testosterone? You can do better if so

• stereotypes!

• Trust in what way?

• Only if your willing to put out.

• Yes you should , yes your being careful which is good but give guys a chance

• no. nice guys are demons that ascend from the deepest pits of hell to claim your soul. stay away from them...

• and they are probably gay, unwashed or psychopaths. or a combination of all.

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 14

• Nope. Don't trust anyone until you know them well enough to...

• No.. They are the biggest liars. They pretend to be nice to get things in return.

• I can usually tell who has good intentions and who is a complete an utter psychopath. You start to learn how to decipher these people when your sister has married and divorced a complete spawn from hell.

• I think it's naive to trust anyone until you get to know them more. It takes time to get to know a persons true character. Although you can't go through life believing you are going to get hurt by every guy you meet, it's still wise to remain a little guarded. Trust has to be earned, it should never be given freely.

• Don't automatically trust a guy who acts nice Bc a lot of people use flattery to get u to drop ur guard.

The guys who are overly nice are usually the worst ones

• I wouldn't. Keep yer eyes open 0_0

• When they're overly nice is so nice but make sure he is not flirting with other girls. There's a guy I like a lot but he flirts too much n I don't want to go crazy with jealous so I'm just gonna give him time to appreciate me if he doesn't I'm going to move on

• Iv once meet a guy who was overly nice and I to felt a little concerned but I also didn't like the guy so I don't think I could trust a overly nice guy

• Trust him but do it with caution. Don't completely push your worry out of your mind but don't let it be all you think about when you see him

• Nope, some nice guys can be the biggest liars. (Or in some peoples case "liers") LOL! 😂😂😂

• I don't trust people but do what feels right to you

• U just always have to be careful

• well i give it some time! i also have similar questions when someone is overly nice to me I don't know whats their motive behind talking to me or getting to know me.

• If a guy is really nice to u he prob just wants u to like him. Unless he wants something from u, just trust him and let him be him