If your girlfriend cheated on you would you want to know?

if your girlfriend cheated on you 1 time while she was drunk with someone who meant nothing to her, and she still loves you like crazy and just made the biggest mistake of her life. would you want her to tell you.

the guilt inside me is so strong i dont know how to look him in the eyes but i know if i tell him itll break his heart.

this will NEVER happen again, i have no idea what happened with me but as soon as i sobered up and relaized what i had done i couldnt stop crying

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd want to know, so that I could leave her.

I don't care if it was an accident, or not. I have zero tolerance for cheating, and anyone who let themselves get into a situation where they got drunk, and cheated, obviously isn't responsible enough with alcohol to control themselves.

Done deal, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

I apologize if that seems harsh, and I don't intend it as a personal attack against you. I realize that you feel guilty, but maybe you can use that guilt as a way of assuring that it will never happen to the next guy you date, 'cause I would still leave you.

What Guys Said 7

• Before you did it you would have said that you would never cheat on him. But you did. Now you say it will never happen again. Just as believable as you would never do it in the first place. No idea what happened? Easy. You got drunk and just did the deed with another guy. Lots of people get drunk and stay faithful. So rethink your excuse.

• I want to know regardless. If she was drunk, it'd help her case for sure. I would definitely break up with her, unless i was sure that she still loved me, she showed clear remorse, and came to crying and sobbing and apologized at least 20 times.

Even if i didn't break up with her, it'd be difficult for me to trust her for a while, and I'd be reluctant to let her go clubbing or drinking anymore.

• I would, so I'd know what kind of girl I'm dealing with here. Better to come clean, than be a liar on top of a cheater. Sure, you messed up, confess, or the guilt will eat you up and he'll suspect something.

• yeah and Id kick her ass to the curb

• I would want to know nothing. It is done, broken, over.

• Yes, i would want to know that it happened but not much beyond that. I would find out later anyway as something like that gets talked about. But we would be done, not time for that and no interest in wasting more time.

• Yea I would definitely want to know of any transgressions that happen

• Of course I'd want to know. And I would definitely end things right there. I'd never be able to trust her again and every moment with her would be extremely awkward.

What Girls Said 1

• Tell him. He deserves to know. He has a right, as a human being with limited time on this Earth, to make an informed choice about whom and what he wants to commit large amounts of energy and time to. You taking away that right for your own benefit makes your wrong even more disgusting, sleazy, and tactless.