Girls, Is it more attractive if a guy asks you to dinner rather than to "hang out" ?

Girls, is it more attractive to you when a guy confidently comes up to you and asks you out for a nice dinner rather than a guy who just asks if you'd like to "hang out?"

15

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't know where i stand if he's just asking me to hang out. Asking a woman to dinner or another specific place sounds more like a date and shows me that he is interested. Yes, I would be more likely to go to dinner with him. If I said yes to hanging out, I would assume it was just a friendship and would most likely include another friend or friends.

What Girls Said 14

• Lol, I think its cuter if a guy wants to hang out. I don't need a fancy dinner or money spent on me. If you hang out somewhere you're more free to be yourself, because a dinner date has more of a sophisticated atmosphere, but depends on your personalities. If you and the girl are more mature then i'd go for dinner, if you want more of a fun date you should hang out or go to a more upbeat unique restaurant.

• I would think that it's completely obvious that those two have different connotations.

If you're asking me to "hang out", I'm assuming as friends. If you're asking me to dinner, that's more of a date.

So depending on what the guy wanted, the fact that he came up and had the balls to ask gives him automatic respect.

• too serious, but hang out too relaxed. I'd say coffee, or walk is somewhere in the middle, gotta be clear it's a date but not too heavy

• Hang out is too ambiguous. I'd be confused and wouldn't know his intentions. It's way better to ask her out.

• It sounds more serious, with no doubt. However, when it comes to "attractiveness" of the sugestion, I guess that depends on what the girl is looking for (a fling/serious relationship/kittens/stuff).

• What if a guy tells you. this: One of these days we can see each other and do something? Is taht a date or a hang out for you?

• UGH, yes! It's so gentlemanly of him to do that instead of giving off the friend zone vibe. I'd personally would love it. It shows a lot of confidence. :)

• Going out to dinner is so awkward... especially on a first date. Depends on the girl though. Hanging out normally ends up being a more successful 'date' because its easier to truly get to know someone.

• Yes, its more attractive than a hangout :P

• yep it is , its kinda cool

• for me it is even though i hate eating in front of people haha

• Yes it is
    Filler

• I like a confident guy but i am laid back so i would much rather prefer laying in my hammock at night under the trees rather than going to a dinner. So i would like a guy to ask me "hey, mikaela, want to come over and lay in my hammock together tonight? My dog can hang up there with us too." And that is when i jump into his arms and kiss him for asking about my dream date.

• Asking to hang out and asking to dinner are two completely different things. Asking a girl to hang out is more friendly, and most likely going to be w/other friends. Asking to dinner is basically asking if she'll go on a date with you.