Would you ever consider being friends with your ex?

Most Helpful Guy

• No. When I date someone it is because I am attracted to them in a romantic way, not a buddy-buddy way. When the romantic parts fails, that is it, nothing left. I would not want to be friends because what point is there? I have enough friends already. Plus, for my future dating partner, why would I want my ex in my life still. All that is going to do is cause problems with jealously and trust issues that I don't want to have to fight or defend for someone that really has nothing contribute to my life anyway. I know it sounds harsh, but life is just easier and less messy that way.

What Guys Said 4

• I try to stay friends with all my exs and if we stop being friends it is their choice. I see no reason to hate them or be angry with them in most circumstances. We made a great or decent couple why wouldn't we make good friends? Just because I do not live with my good guy friends doesn't mean I throw them away. So what if out long term life together is a no go we can still be friends. Sadly most of the time emotions get in the way and people can not let go of the things that ended the relationship side of things.

• Interesting, you're the only one who said that. Personally I agree with your opinion.

• I know lol, most people are going to say hell no or that its too complicated. Also society basically tells us from day 1 we shouldn't so I think many do not try. I by no means think its easy, it is totally messy. I think you should step back for awhile and probably at least one of you should start dating again. But I see no reason two mature people can not be friends. I mean how stupid and immature does it sound to be like "yeah we had one fight and I guess we would make terrible long term roommates so we can not be friends at all. " Just dumb to me, stow your shit, forget and move forward. Honestly exs can be the best friends you will ever have if you give it a chance. They know your secrets. They know you and your behaviors super well. They feel they can be honest. They have seen your best and your worst.

• No. That is an absolutely terrible idea.

Hey, remember when we used to have sex? Yeah, so glad we stopped that and I get to hear about the new guy fucking you instead.

• I think it's too complicated to try and be friends with an ex

• No I wouldn't, simply because I never saw her that and I never will.

If she wants me in her life, she needs to take me back.

• I see but wouldn't you want to know how she's doing?

• Nah, not really.

• lol okay :)

What Girls Said 2

• No, if that shit is done then that shit's gotta be done.

• I would never.