Girls, why are you attracted to men?

I know it sounds ridiculous but I just can't wrap my head around it. 90% of men are pretty ugly, from my perspective and wouldn't missing someone with facial hair be super uncomfortable? I know women mostly go for personality but obviously looks are a factor for any relationship?

Again, dumb question I know, but still.

15

Most Helpful Girl

• See? This opinion is what I hear from so many guys and I think it's sad yet it's your personal opinion. It's not a dumb question by the way.

We're talking about "men", so for me that doesn't include any beta males--whiny or arrogant.

I like their confidence, but they're not cocky about it. I like how they have a respectful attitude about them. I love how they look---muscles, jaw, tattoos. I love how they seem to exude strength in everything that they do and it could be something as small as taking the lid off of a pickle jar. I love how rational they are. I love the rough stubble/5 o'clock shadow. I love how compassionate and almost self-less they are.

These are real men to me (aside from the physical characteristics which are subjective).

What Girls Said 14

• well it's hard for me to get sometimes what are guys attracted to in girls if they are so strong, self sufficient, independent etc; why like someone who is weak and sensitive. But I sort of got it. It just the beauty in the way you are. The way a woman is pretty is in her fragilnes, cutness, softnes, like puppy or a kid that's lovely and needs protection (not saying women are not strong but
    they have this kind of aura). The way man is pretty is in his rawness, his strength, his toughness like someone that you can rely on and would protect you. Basically, I think girls are attractive in a pretty, colorful, cute way and guys as something intimidating, strong, powerful...
    Don't think looks don't matter. They do matter for girls too, it's just that people have different tastes.

• Well, obviously our hormones are most of the time purposefully supposed to aim at the opposite gender because thats how we breed. Its just life, ask God lol.

• I do not understand this...
    I'm not lesbian, yet I do admit I know when a girl is attractive... it doesn't mean i want her or like her in a sexual manner or anything like that... I just see what is attractive and what is not... I don't understand when men say they find every man ugly cause they're not gay? what does that have anything to do with acknowledging someone else's well appearance? That's odd to me...

ANYWAY! I like manly features cause it's what I don't have I suppose...
    I do not like nor am i attracted to guys who look feminine... or childlike.. cause it's too sweet? i like rough, masculine features just by instinct! it comes natural no particular reason.. just is!

• Oh no I definitely acknowledge when a guy is good looking, but I just think most of em aren't.

• "90% of men are pretty ugly" Wth? Lol. They aren't ugly. You find them ugly cause you are straight... Not attracted to them.
    "Why are you attracted to men? "
    I don't know, cause I am straight. Strong arms, their strength, deep voice. Their protective nature, etc etc. It's kinda hot.

• Why are you attracted to girls?
    Completely different reasons. =)

• 90% of men are NOT pretty ugly? Wtf.

• I said from my perspective. At least where I'm from, a grand majority of men are just unappealing to the eye.

• That's probably because you're a straight guy.

• Most of men are ugly to you because you aren't attracted to men but to women
    I don't know, that's just the way it is

• Guys are beautiful. And they make me feel beautiful. A guy can put me on cloud nine just by looking at me. If you're straight I suppose you shouldn't think this about men.

• I love their deep voice, muscular body, strong physique, rough hands, luscious lips, large calves, goatee, and smooth skin

• we like to be held in strong arms

• why are you into women not all women are attractive, also. so its not one-sided. & yes loooks are a factor as well as personality as long as you're not TOO ugly

• Cuz they got pee pee

• One word pheromones

• I don't know, it's every single fucking thing about them. it's more than looks, it's their voices, their skin, their hands, the things that they say, the way they smile, they way it feels when their skin touches yours... literally every. fucking. thing.

• ^^ Perfect. I completely forgot about the voices that make you melt. For me, it's deep... you know, "masculine".