Did I really just ask him out on a date?

So I saw my crush today at the mall he was working and he was rearranging things at the time when my friends and I saw him we talked for a bit and before we left I asked him if he wanted to see a movie tonight and he said yeah sounds great but he had to get his car fixed and if it's the brakes and that's it he will let me know what time he will be picking me up. My friends was teasing that I asked him out on a date but they also sounded serious as well, when I asked I just thought two friends going to see a movie.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends... did any of you mention friends, also best way is to ask him "So did you think this was a date?"

• They straight out said you asked him out on a date and nothing wrong with that, because I'm really shy and nervous so they were also proud of me

• Well in that situation i'd act as if it was a date, dress to impress him, if you feel it went well maybe ask him somewhere else where you can get to know him more; drinks perhaps

• Well I am proud as well then and shouldn't be nervous and I will definitely do that thank you!

What Guys Said 3

• No, if it was just a friend, you would meet them at the movie. You would pay for your own ticket, you wouldn't feel all fluttery in the stomach, you wouldn't be wondering/hoping that he'll kiss you when he takes you home, and you wouldn't be posting this item. Right?

So admit it. This is a date! Don't trivialize it.

• I understand well the only reason I asked because they could be right but I'm really shy and nervous and if I was planning to ask him out I honestly wouldn't have done it.

• no the friends were hjust teasing u as u said...:-)

• nice, i wish i could have the luxury of getting asked out once in a while :D

What Girls Said 1