Guys, My Ex has a new GF, but?

so my "ex" (never official, but everyone officially knew of us as together) of 2.5 years has a new girlfriend (who sort-of homewrecked our relationship -- he went away for school and met her... told her ALL about me, but she basically didn't care and now they're together.. yup). In the beginning when he first told me about her and broke it off with me, he mentioned all the douche-baggy things a guy could say to hurt a female (she makes him feel blah, he's never felt this way blah), I'm his past and we can't speak ever again... ever (he says). Of all his exes, he never removed me from his social media. In fact, every now and then he'd "like/love" a few of my posts in a frenzy, and then disappear. Fast forward 6 mths after NOT speaking & I reach out for his graduation to say "congrats". Simple communication, then he BURSTS through the door (of text) and starts speaking almost as if nothing changed b/w us. It threw me off, but I deflected it.. after all, as far as I knew, he was still with her. I even alluded to the fact that he had a GF & he kind of played dumb. Keeps going for a few days.. friendly conversation.. almost like we didn't go 6 mths without speaking... didn't skip a beat, then one day, when I joke with him about it via response, suddenly he remembers his GF & he "can't do this" anymore. Um.. what?

I get from some of his SM posts and the way he speaks to me, that while they're together, it's not all rainbows and cupcakes like he thought and/or as it was in the beginning? They are technically still together, and while I was kind of homewrecked on, I wouldn't do the same back -- however, my question is: why would he act this way toward me and what are the chances that they WILL last? Obviously I love him, but I'm not sure how to approach this situation &/or what to do. Why keep me around (per se) when he literally cut off & blocked all his other exes? I think distance played a factor in our relationship flames failing, but I'm confused. What's he thinking?

3

Most Helpful Guy

• He sounds like one of those guys who will never settle in a relationship because he always wants the one he isn't with. Why you you waste even one more word on this guy? He will NEVER make you happy.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah. You need to move on.

• move on. not sure why you still for someone that just fked you over.