She Didn't Respond my Text??

I went to this girl's work to get her number because I like her and she gave it to me. I ask her then if she would like to get some coffee next week and she said yea. Well 2 hours later I text her Saying "Hey beautiful this Harvey from Starbucks. She didn't respond, so I text her saying sorry if I'm coming on to strong. Still no respond. Now its been 7 hours since I text her! So.. My Question is did I f*** up and I did I text her too soon? I really like this girl and she's very attractive and smart! She's 17 and I'm 21

Please Help! Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I'm under the impression that you can never contact too early, so I think the first message is fine.

However apologising for the message is just a bit weird.

In the future, if you were that keen, just arrange a time to go on a date with her at Starbucks when you get her number. At least you could have the balls to call her.

• Ya your right

• Hey man I like your answer thanks why the fuk I didn't ask you befor I got her number lol thnx man I'm lucky to have people like you to help me out ! :)

• Don't worry about it dude - through lots of mistakes I finally figured it out. Also being a member of the Seduction community helped ;)

What Girls Said 4

• the age gap is a little bit big, but no worries :)! There's a lot of high school girls dating college guys so I don't think there's anything wrong with the age gap in particular. I think after you apologized to her she might have been a little freaked out like, "oh, he was really trying to flirt with me?" I think that she might've just left her phone somewhere. I used to do it all the time and this one guy that used to like me thought I was avoiding him because I never responded his texts and this one guy I used to like practically said the same thing. Now I always keep my cell with me in case someone texts me cos I don't want anyone thinking the same thing anymore. xD

• Really? didn't know that, Thanks for telling me

• Aww thank you so you much! :)

• Your welcome! I was glad to help. :)

• thats a large age gap butttttt

i always forget my phone somewhere, and I rarely respond so, maybe that's why she hasn't replied

• Ya but it has been 3 Days she hasn't respond :(((((

• There is a small sliver of hope however,

if her phone got lost or run over by a train.

Which is kinda unlikly

• Thanks for helping Ms.Kattrain! :)

• you prob freaked her out, especially the age difference. I would just wait awhile if she doesn't answer maybe start over a few days later

• True thanx for helping!

• You think that she might have given you a fake number?

• O sh*t I didn't think about that! What should I do?

• True imma gonna take that advice from you thanks for helping :)

• No problem, I'm always here to help. Hope everything works out for you.

What Guys Said 5

• Between seventeen and twenty-one lies a vast expanse of life experience and maturity. I don't doubt your discerning taste in quality womenfolk, but you are talking about a teenager. Be prepared to deal with many of the same fears, obsessions and doubts that assailed your brain a few years back. You may be dealing with a feline who's had second thoughts, or who may still be working up the courage to call you directly. You may have to go back for more face time to get real answers. Work your charms but don't shovel them too thickly or you'll come across as a walking pick-up line.

Secondly, texting is a relatively new behavior and I don't even know that we have an etiquette for this type of communication. Frequently the only thing of any genuine value they manage to convey is whether or not the sender payed attention in English courses. You're doomed to disappointment if you ever think texting could function as an accurate litmus test for the status of a relationship. If you want answers you can rely on, skip the digital magic of modern science, and woo that kitty with your manly ways all up front and personal-like.

• Ya ur right why did I text in the first place I should just man up and tell face to face. thanks for being honest!

• First of all I wouldn't of called her beautiful because if she really is then she probably gets called that everyday so why bother saying that.

I would of just said "Heyyy :). this is Harvey."

Second you text her saying sorry?!?...Dont ever say sorry to a girl unless you did something horrible that requires you to say sorry.

Dont, I repeat don't text her again, wait until she texts you so you don't come off any more needy and if she doesn't reply then oh well there's plenty of girls out there

• O f*** your right man thanks for putting that in prospective

• Being stood up sucks I'm sure, but it happens. But I'll tell you what want happen is anything here. And for future reverance don't apologise for no reason its a sign of weakness and women find it unattractive.

• Hey man thnx! she now thinks I'm a coward :(

• well..for one...i would never text a girl when I first start talking to her.

ive talked to girls who hate that...and I tend to agree.
    i prefer legit conversations over the phone or in person as opposed to text/instant message.

call her.
    maybe she doesn't have text (as crazy as this sounds my best friend doesnt) or maybe she -- like a lot of other girls -- prefers actual conversations to text message conversations.

• Ya your probably right thnx man

• Eh to be honest yes to did come on too strong. No offense, but she probably looks at you as creepy now. Besides, she's still in high school. Look for a girl whose around your age.