I'm always the first to text sometimes its like at 10am when I'm in work he normally texts back and when he doesn't he will normally text me later that day. the thing is I'm always the one to make contact first (except when I first gave him my number and he texted me asking me out), does the fact he is not texting me first mean he doesn't like me or am I just not giving him a chance to text me first because I'm always texting him?

was thinking of just not texting him and seeing whether he does text me as when we spoke yesterday we both told each other we had a lot on this weekend and he said he would speak to me after the weekend to sort something out for us going out again, but maybe he is just saying this in the hope that I won't contact him again and he won't contact me?

im confused

Most Helpful Guy

• Getting texts in the morning is annoying. But I really dislike texting maybe he does aswell. If he said you he'll call you back if he is a man of his word he will, if he is not forget about it. Though you did not give any info on where this thing is at? I'm guessing early on.

• Weve been on 2 dates one last friday and one on wednesday, I'm completely hopeless with men I never seem to get it right, I want to text him to keep him keen however the other night in the car when he was driving me home he said that other girls he has been out with have drove him mad as they wanted contact with him every 5 minutes and that sometimes he went a weekend without speaking to her and she went mad, I asked him if he thought I was like this and he said definately no

• Well he not going to say yes is he. You are sound very anxious but relax. If he went out with you twice in one week he must have an interest. Just don't go mad and everything should work out.

What Guys Said 2

• stop texting...its best to call people. texting leads to too many dramatic arguments because he/she didn't reply back fast enough. with texting...body language is eliminated from the situation which makes it hard for people to perceive the way people are truly feeling inside emotionally.

• The same thing happens to me, but in my case I'm the guy that doesn't text back. I just definately hate texting and only my close friends know it. I'm usually driving, working, sleeping, eating, at school, or doing homework, I don't have time to be texting, I have to look and search were every letter in the tiny cell phone is, yeah I'm slow at texting. and I'm probably the only 18 year old how hates texting. I like short phone calls though, and emails, cause I'm a fast at typing.

• Thanks, so do you think that he isn't always texting me back because he is busy, most of the time he does but there are times when he doesnt, I think maybe I'm just texting him too much, gonna give it the weekend and see whether he contacts me.

What Girls Said 1

• Definitely let him come to you. It's not to say that the guy should do all the work all the time while you pretend you're not interested. But in the early stages, it's easy to tell if a guy is really interested in you, and it's because he's chasing you. If he's not chasing you, he's really just not that into you. However, you haven't really given him a chance to find out. You set the pattern already that you do all the initiating. So why would he work at it? Definitely back off and wait for him to call you after the weekend. If he doesn't, let it go. If he does, start texting him less first.

I have to say though, men are creatures of habit. Once they've formed a pattern with you, it's often very hard to break. He's going to be confused as to why you've suddenly stopped texting him and the conclusion he draws could be different than what's actually happening. So in the future, set the pattern from the beginning that the guy does most of the initiating. I told the guy I'm with now on our first date that it's nothing personal, my parents just raised me to be a little old fashioned, and to let the guy call me. He respected it and is now head over heels =) Good luck!