Guys, how would you feel and what would you do if you were dating a girl and she became less attractive?

Examples - she puts on weight, starts ageing, changes her hairstyle or stops wearing makeup when she looks better with it.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• "starts ageing" How dare she... I'd leave a girl if she did that...

If she put on a significant amount of weight (so that it was a health concern and making every tasks difficult) and was unwilling to do anything about it I might consider leaving her. If she got a bit chubby or was overweight but agreed to work on it I don't think I'd leave her.

I guess if she shaved her hair off (or did something equally hideous) I might be a bit disappointed, but would probably stay, depending on how long we'd been dating.

I'd be pleased if she stopped wearing make up, even if she wasn't quite as photogenic.

What Guys Said 14

• Honestly, when you said "less attractive" I thought she became an alcoholic, depressed, or just isn't as enthusiastic about expression of sexuality and/or intimacy and/or affection.

Aging is a part of life, after all. And if you don't like your partner without makeup, then you've got a problem.

• weight depends how much as whenever possible i think we should all try to maintain something close to a healthy weight
    Ageing, how could i complain as i'm not getting any younger
    she might choose a hairstyle that she is happier with, and happy her equals happy me. who the hell am i to dictate what hair style she should have.

At the end of the day, unless someone really let themselves go, we all change and i'm equally attracted to the person and their qualities so it would be more of a problem if that changed as well.

• Depends on a lot of things. How old she was when we met how many dudes she's fucked do we have kids together how long weve been together.

• Anyone here that says it wouldn't matter if she became less attractive is lying.

Girls, just because now you're dating or married to a man don't think it's fine to let go. My ex totally let go of herself when she was with me and never dressed well, or looked decent. It was okay for a while but I saw other girls and I actually got bored of my gf.

So don't ever think that since your dating now you can be free and not care. Dating alone won't make your man not cheat.

• It depends very much on her own attitude. I understand she might be feeling a bit self-aware, I would help her get over that, provided she is worth rescuing.

My point is, as I 've just started dating someone and this happens to her, a month or two isn't enough for me to decide whether I want to live together with her or not. I hate victimizers and guilt-trippers with a passion, so if I get the sign of complacency, I'm afraid I have better things to do than to play babysitter.

• I would not care for that. I think that people in relationships should make an to be attractive to their partners. Some things are beyond our control, some are not. How would you feel if your boyfriend just sat around for years and got fat?

• Gosh did we run out of eternal youth elixer again? Damnit woman pay attention when you go shopping!

• If we weren't in what I'd consider a serious relationship I would probably move on. Although if it was just a hair thing it wouldn't bother me.

• I would stay with her if i loved her.. i wouldn't let things like weight or hair color or anything get in the way of the way i felt about her

• looks mean less then nothing

• As far as she doesn't change in her behaviour I am fine

• Being Good to person to Friends and people.

• In that situation, I would wonder what I did wrong as a boyfriend, husband, or whatever I happened to be at the time. Women who do that typically do it because they're losing interest in the guy they're with.

• Like she didn't care about something that was important to me, and hence she didn't care about me, guys are inherently visual, it's part of their very nature a girl who loves her SO will appreciate this and make the best EFFORT possible to provide for him in this way... if i loved her i would stay with her despite it... obviously ageing is a little different but it should not be used as an excuse for lack of effort...

... i realise that i am going to get a lot of down votes and flack for this, but for your own good read it and take it to heart