People I went to school with are getting engaged and im super single, how to deal with it?

i just need to rant a bit... so im still no closer to even getting someone to date me, or meeting someone who would be interested in dating me. For all i know there are guys out there that wants to date me, but will never ask me out for different reasons. I know that i shouldn't just be sitting and waiting for things to happen, but its difficult to even find a place to meet people.

This wasn't really a concern before yesterday when i saw two people i went to school with in relationships. One was in a relationship with a guy i had a small crush on 3 years ago and the other one was engaged. They found someone that wants to spend their life with them, and i can't even find someone to date... its so friking depressing... especially since i dont know whats hindering me finding someone/someone finding me.

I know im young and i know i dont NEED someone to be happy, but its a downer to think that no one thinks of you as worthy enough to use their time and energy on you. I belive i had pretty much everthing in life, except for someone that likes me (Thats not friends or family)

Im not that horrible and i know it, im ambitious, i eat helthy and work out, i have never been in a reltionship, so no crazy ex, i make an effort to look nice.. And i have been on some dates here and there, but nothing came out of it (maybe more my fault then his, but syill). And i was seeing this guy, and we are still talking, but its obiously he doesn't want to be in a reltionship with me.

Most Helpful Guy

• how old are you. and you're not the only one who is in this boat and feels kinda shitty. just give it more time and keep trying, you'll hit your stride eventually.

• im 20... and i know im not alone on this.. but its so easy for people that have been in realtionships to say things like that... but unless you're in the same boat as me i dont think you know how it can effect someones confidence

• im not in the same exact boat but im on the life raft attached to it, if that makes sense. so I can relate.

What Guys Said 6

• from what youve said you seem like a decent catch (attractive, smart, no ex drama)

Also just think about how many of them are going to get divorced within 10 years :o

• You write massive blurbs on the internet to strangers who will, at best, skim them and then leave. That is how you deal with it.

• uugh...

• i know... but still... i wanna punch someone

• Last I checked KeySpirits had a fetish for being punched by women so I offer his body to you for your assault of frustration.

• @keyspirits
    ^^His body is rdy baby

• Rejoice in the fact most of them will divorce.

• At 18-24, that is far more common than you think. Don't worry about it.

• i know im not the ONLY person that goes through this.. and its easy for you to say that i shouldn't worry about it... i dont think you know how bad i feel

• I'm 47. I DO know how you feel. Talk to older lady divorcees worrying about growing lovelessly old.

• Right here baby, ma body is rdy 👄💋

What Girls Said 2

• Just be patient

• I am 20 too and going through exactly the same thing. In my group of 5 girls and 8 guys, there are 4 couples. MY FRIENDS ARE DATING EACH OTHER and they seem like they've met the one. Even when the guy fucks up he will try anything to win her back and no guy I've met ever wants to spoil me.

Guys look at me from a distance and my guy friends compliment me but nothing more. Am I not worth a date? I always wonder what is wrong with me? I'm the same level of attractiveness as my friends with the same lifestyle.

Seriously I would be the most low maintenance gf ever. Just want a guy to hold me or offer me his jacket or look at me the way my friends bfs do. 😭😭😭 you are NOT alone