Girls would you date a muslim guy?

Or would you think he would be too controlling? I'm dating a muslim guy and his family is not strict. I'm a christian by the way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell no. After my two year long experience of dating a Muslim man, I will never date another one again. Never.
    First of all, it's essentially futureless because I will never convert to Islam and there is no way in hell I will teach my daughters and sons to follow that religion. I will never be a Muslim woman. So there's really no point in nurturing a romantic connection with a Muslim man.
    Second, there are some cultural values of Islam that I really can't stand such as nosey, intrusive parents and walking into a marriage uninformed because you're not supposed to live with someone before marriage according to Islam.

The Muslim guy I dated was from the Middle East. He came here wanting to live the stereotypical American lifestyle, being a sneaky, shady whore and doing things women would get shamed for where he's from. Plus he had like this really backwards, emotionally abusive attitude where he would disrespect my feelings yet expect the utmost respect and honor. He and his friends certainly encouraged the "Muslim men are crazy and controlling" stereotype. I will never give that situation another try.

• yeah your situation sounds bad but the guy i'm dating is not like that. He is nothing like that. His family are really nice and accepting, they don't believe in picking a muslim girl for him to marry. He can marry who he wants. Sorry about your situation though.

• Either way, unless you plan on throwing away your religious beliefs, it's pointless. That's one thing I can't stand about Islam: everything must be their way or the high way.

• Not your fault : ) but thanks for showing compassion.

What Guys Said 7

• there is huge difference between 2 cultures m not against any one or any religion but i want to share my experience what ever i have seen, coz Muslim guys r nice but with time they start following their traditions and expect us to follow it too which is quiet difficult for us ( non Muslims), n too b frankly i got no problem with those rituals but i can't digest their rules. rest is on u but if u r interested in him then its better to get converted or else it won't work

• Yea i won't be converting to islam. I'm quite happy with my religion.

• no dear trust me marriage is not possible and even if u do it n anger just to prove then it won't work out, its happened with lots of my friends, believe it or not

• your situation sounds nice. that's cool things are working out.

• Most likely too controlling over time. It's all in the subscript.

• Don't worry I'm Muslim and we are normal people just like Christians. the only difference is that we don't people that Jesus is the begotten son of God and we don't drink alcohol or eat pork. That's it generally.

• You can date. Not marry. If you want to marry each other one of you should stop believing in their God.

• But when it comes to marry, you should be a muslim otherwise it will be a sin called fornication when you make love with him. Because you are a christian and it is not possible to make a religious marriage with him. Also, if a muslim girl or boy wants to get married they must have a religious ceremony otherwise it would aslo be the same sin.

• No, It is permissible for a Muslim man to marry a non-Muslim woman if she is Christian or Jewish, but it is not permissible for him to marry a non-Muslim woman who follows any religion other than these two.

• I would date any race or ethnicity except for Asians; I've never been attracted to one and it's my preference. I would never force myself to be attracted to one because it wouldn't be fair for her to begin with.

What Girls Said 7

• I wouldn't mind. Religion is something that should be of each person. As long as he didn't tell me what to think or believe I would not mind what he wants to do either.

• Yeah, i would.

• I wouldn't. I'm Christian as well and I would prefer to date someone who shares my beliefs, for various reasons.

• Yupperz -----

• It would really depend on the guy. Personally, I'm an atheist, and I have no intention of converting to make a guy comfortable. It would feel dishonest and maybe even disrespectful, for me, because I wouldn't be genuine. But if he doesn't care, and he respects my lack of belief and general independence (as I would respect his beliefs and independence) then I wouldn't mind dating a Muslim.

• No, I would not.

• I've dated a muslim guy for over 2 years. We just recently broke up this January, tho not bec of religion. I simply fell out of love.

I can say that, muslims love deeply. My ex still hasn't got over me and still possessive.