What things can a person do to make online dating as successful as possible?

Most Helpful Guy

• For a girl, put pictures of both your face and your full body.

Respond first, to guys who mentioned something in your profile (so u aren't responding to "cut and paste" messages and bots ).

• Oh yeah... and update your profile often so u are seen as "active" in other users ' search results.

• In what ways could I update my profile if not a ton of things are going on in my life at the moment? I'll start working on my master's degree this fall, so that's the only major thing that will be going on lol.

• Talk about your personality and hobbies! That's way more important than your education. 8-)

What Guys Said 7

• for a girl? My best guess would be to create a male profile looking for friends only. Explicitly state that you are not gay, and just looking for 'drinking buddies' or 'gaming buddies' or whatever it is you are into - try to not reveal any 'girly' hobbies as that may indicate that you are a gay male and put off prospective straight guys.

Anyway, if they believe you to be another guy, they are much more likely to reveal their true selves. At some point if you find a promising guy, you can give him a link to your 'real' profile and be like "what should I say to her?" as a final test for their 'dark side.' Then, once you've made a "safe choice," go ahead and reveal that you are the girl.

• make online dating a success? just be active with it and take interest in people you meet online.

• Look up some OkCupid research. They basically do tonnes of it, and they have so much data. E. g. this:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-31168242

• Be active, don't put up misleading old photos of yourself. Tell people what you are on there for.

The one thing is key, don't make a person talk to you weeks on end. Talk for a day or two. If you are somewhat interested and they ask you out accept. Give people that interest you a chance.

Stick to actual dating and don't use it for a hook up.

Good luck, you'll need it.

• Lie rampantly.

• Become very very lucky

• lower your standards

What Girls Said 1

• Don't give up :) you may have to go on a few dates with a few people to find the right fit! Just keep trying until you do!