How to get a girl to like me?

I'm a 20 year old guy who has never had a girlfriend. Or a date for that matter. I'm below average in looks, probably a 4/10. I also have scars on my face.

My twin sister is beautiful and I'm jealous of her. She has guys following her like a lost puppy while I can't even get a girl to go on a date with me.

How can I get a date when I'm ugly? My friends say I'm a great guy who any girl would be lucky to have. I wish it was true but it's not.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should just be you. I know it sounds like a mom-esque thing to say, however, I have been in a few serious relationships, and I believe it is true. You have a scar on your face? I bet it is unique and adds character. Do you know how boring "perfection" is? I do; it's nice when you want someone to show off, but in reality, it's boring. I landed the ultimate catch when I stopped looking for him. Just focus on being you and they will come a- knocking, trust me (:

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 6

• "My friends say I'm a great guy who any girl would be lucky to have."

Just a note to SOME women out there, don't say this to guys. If you really meant it, you would be the one pursuing him wouldn't you?

Anyways, you just have to find the one for you. They usually come at unexpected moments, and more mature women generally look at you for who you are. Also don't say that you're ugly, live life and be proud of the way you look. It will show and the women will see the confidence, I promise. Why not ask your sister to help you out? If she's good looking and has guys following her, I'm pretty sure she can give you pointers on what to really look for.

• A lot of it has to do with confidence and how you carry yourself. Are you clean? Do you dress well? Do you walk with a little swagger and a smile or are you hunched over and looking down? Are you witty and have a sense of humor? I've known guys who were short and/or fat but carried themselves with confidence and had nice and pretty girls. Looks do matter somewhat to most women so if you keep up on your appearance and develop some confidence it's not too hard. If you're really picky about your women you may have to be less picky also.

• Do stuff to boost your selfconfidence. Try to look your best but to show you care about yourself.

Don't be a bummer and make as many friends as you can. Won't happen over night but if you are doing your thing (whatever that may be) and spending time with good people you will bump into girls.

Don't turn into a cynic. Don't stay inside. Jerk it less. Workout and Socialize more. Don't make the mistake a lot of lonely virgins make only eyeballing "hot" women and putting them on pedestals. Doing that kinda degrades average women.

Don't let female friends tell you it's not hard to get a girll. It will be hard and long unless you get lucky and like another poster said if they truly thought you were a great guy they'd be hooking you up.

• basically try 2 embrace yerself as u r as the 1st step... and never call yerself ugly..:-)

• Get a lot of money then they won't care how ugly you are, guaranteed

• try working out, get new clothes, ask your sister for advice on looking more attractive. and the ultimate way to attract a girl is commonly confidence. you need to show that you have a good self esteem.