Girls, do you prefer meet a guy online or offline?

13

Most Helpful Girl

• Both- they both have there ups/downs. Meeting and flirting offline is great but just because a man is flirting doesn't mean he is available which can lead to disappointment. Men do this more than women and if it goes on for a while before I find out it can make me feel used and resent them since they are basically using me as a daily ego boost with no concern to my end of it.

Online is certainly a mixed bag and can be time consuming but, of the people I do go on dates with, I find the compatibility and frequency of a second date to be higher.

My old mode of dating was basically friends of friends which is the best but that circle gets smaller.

• Ok but what about if you at in the different state by yourself and non friends?

• That's a good thing. You believe first talking for a while before he ask for your #? Or depend the situation?

• Thanks for the MHO. I usually prefer a little back and forth for a day or two if I am feeling it then suggest a meet but I think that kinda varies by person. I never respond to guys who suggest a meet in initial contact before even getting a response from me.

What Girls Said 12

• If I do meet him online, I'd like to eventually meet in real life to see if we really do hit it off. But as for when I originally learn of his existence... I have no preference. How I meet a guy doesn't mean as much to me as finding someone who's honest, straightforward, and done playing games... someone who knows wtf he wants in terms of a relationship.

• Offline. I can tell right then and there from his demeanor and body movements if this is someone I would mind dating. Online, it's kind of facade, because it's kind of an image in your mind.. sort of like you see a photo and you are picturing this particular person to be a certain way. Whereas in person, you see what you get and that's pretty much it.

• I agree with you. It's ok to ask if are you single in the first conversation? And ask for the # right away?

• I would ask if the person is single, first.

• Offline. You need real contact when meeting someone, especially if it's a possible boyfriend/girlfriend.

• Ok and what places would be good to pick up?

• Any place is good as long as the approach is good, I think. Gym, streets, mall, library, CD stores... everywhere!

• Like at gym. what would you like to hear from a guy? or what move should be good? Any advise

• Offline for sure. I'm not a fan of online dating.

• It doesn't matter where I meet him honestly.

• online there's more options and the guys are typically better.

• Offline. But I don't meet guys anyway

• I'm old fashioned. I prefer to meet someone offline.

• I would like to meet them offline just so I know they aren't a creepy old man want to rape a girl.

• Offline.. Just cause the person is right there you know it's them you here so many stories about online predators.. But saying that I've recently started online dating and I've met a few decent guys that seem pretty genuine so far

• Ok. what do you like to a guy when he approach you?

• I like them to be genuine, themselves, confident but not rude and cocky.. And respectful!

• Ok if you meet him in the store. It's ok to ask you for your # right away before leave?

• I think offline is better

• Sure about that but for shy people?

• I know I'm shy or can be. But it's always the in person

• I mean is a little bit more easy for shy people to go online and start talking than in the store came to you and Hey what's up.! Of course in the end you will to meet the guy in perdon

• Offline. I'm not an online dater