Would you date someone who wanted to wait to have sex until marriage for non-religious reasons?

I think sex takes a lot of physical effort and only want to put effort into someone who I am committed to for life. I like dating though as long as there is sitting and eating.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, sex is too much trouble. I'd rather sit in front of the tv with a turkey leg and a big 40 oz beer.

Give me a break dude. If sex is too much physical effort for you then, hell, I don't know. My guess is that you have low testosterone if you are so ambivalent about sex.

• They call it "Low-T" on television. It sounds sort of cool when said that way.

• Haha, love is love? :p

• Ok bro I reread your question above. I admit I laughed out loud at the sitting and eating part.

What Girls Said 6

• As long as you are very honest and open about it and you don't constantly change your mind. I was seeing a mormon guy and I was 100% prepared to never have sex with him (which was fine because I knew his expectations) until one day he told me he wanted to have sex despite his religion. I asked if he was sure and we slept together. After that he regretted it and was never the same afterwards. It made me feel like I did something wrong even though it was his decision.

• Good thing we're already married !!

• Lol, you don't have to do all of the work all of the time and yes I would because i'm waiting too.

• Yeah I could do that.

• Yes I would, wholeheartedly.

• yes i would. it's his choice and i can't stop him. if i want him to be happy, i'd wait with him <3

What Guys Said 3

• What would be some nonreligous reasons for waiting until marriage?

to me it sounds like "buy me a ring or I won't have sex with you "

Probably not, I'm not a big fan of marriage and if I were to get marriage I wouldn't propose unless we've been dating for at least 3 years and 1 of those years would have to have been while cohabitating.

I don't think I could date a person for that long without sex :/

• Well, a non-religious reason could be lack of trust which could be due to several reasons (among others rape, abuse of any kind, left by someone they trusted).
      "Buy me a ring or I won't have sex with you" Let me tell you darling, it's not even that long ago that no respectable girl would give it up unless you'd honor her and gave her a ring and your last name. Sure some people had sex before marriage back then, but it was taboo and a girl who was known to do that was often labeled a "whore". Nowadays, it's the opposite, girls are labeled boring, frigid ice-queens when they choose to wait. I waited until I was married for religious and cultural reasons though, it's not like I think doing it before marriage is bad but guys don't have good intentions and in this time where people don't value marriage at all and leave someone at the drop of a hat it's something to think about. I knew immediately when a guy wasn't willing to wait for me, that he didn't love me.

• I wonder what female would be like "sure, I'll gladly accept that you're too lazy to care about showing that you care in the form of physical intimacy" and not get offended.

• I will respect that (I have mixed opinions on fornication though, but that's a choice)