To all the single people out there?

Why is it that whenever we want someone they don't want us back and when someone wants us we can't see ourselves with them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because:
    A: Fuckery
    B: We go for people we aren't compatible with.
    C: We don't like people we don't SEE ourselves as compatible with.
    D: Because sometimes we make our standards silly and unachievable for anybody who isn't a fictional character. I used to be that way.

What Guys Said 17

• thats how it is for everyone. you'll eventually hit your stride.

• Many of us are just too stupid or blind to see that the girl or guy you've been waiting for is simply around the corner.

• Often time people over invest in these false notions of reality. You idolize a certain individual and you forget they r just a person like you. And addressing them from a position where u put urself beneath them will only further degrade the situation. Do not make connections. Connections r forged between 2 people. Rather it is better to admire a wide variety if people. When one of them begins to realize the amazing potential that you r then, and only then do you give them ur time.

• Well you can never know for certain whether they want you back or not, some people you just can't read. And "timing" would probably be the key word here.

• I think for me the reason im single is because im really picky about girls I would see myself dating. I've never been in the situation where I want someone and they don't want me back, but I have been in plenty of situations where a girl wants me but I like her that way.

• Because we're all a little picky I think. Also scared of putting ourselves out. Combined together this gives the result you mention of.

• Perhaps because we wan't them, so we wonder what would happen if we were with this specific person.

• I don't have high standards about physical appearance but my standards are kind of high on everything else.

• It may come from that sense of control. Some men don't want a woman to approach them because it'll make them feel less masculine.

• Because life hates us all.

• fuck a relationship, id rather have a life before i worry about that shit for the next 40-60 years of my life

• Bcz no one said that life would be fair.

• And then also: when you have the chance to get with someone and something gets in the way. Like being too afraid to take the chance to approach, or you're both driving past each other or something.

• That's true. Sometimes I think that the real love (when both love each other equally) simply doesn't exist.

• It means they're not the ONE...

• Its a cruel cruel work out there... cruel.

• blame the female.

What Girls Said 9

• thing is, how do u know they dont want u back?

im kinda having a similar experience but i could never actually determine whether they want me or not.

• I have no clue. I also feel like I can never be sure if a guy really likes me back if I like him. like this guy I've been kind of hanging out with and we've made out a couple times and I've slept over a couple times, and I ended up topless lol. but I still question if he likes me. and I feel like I literally need a flashing sign that says I like you, otherwise I will always question it...

I've never been in a relationship before so I don't know how they normally start, or whats even normal.

• That's why single people are single. Haven't met the right person yet who reciprocates our feelings.

Or we do and they end up being dickheads.

• I have noticed that as well
    I can totally relate, I had a crush on this guy that didn't like me and the whole time his best friend was interested, I just think that while we are busy liking someone else we don't focus on someone liking us

• I'm going through this shit right now. I love my friend with all my heart but he only sees me as a friend. Then a little while ago this other guy would have gotten hit by a car for me and yet I had no interest in him whatsoever.

• I don't know nobody has every really wante meh

• That's just the way the cookie crumbles, I guess. :/

• Well I am ugly, so no guy has ever liked me. All men are out of my league.

• We all want someone better then us or someone who complements us so it narrows it down a lot