My girlfriend is a moron. do I stay with her?

my new girlfriend is 18 years old.

She told me she doesn't know the difference between a liberal and a conservative.

She said she doesn't know who Mitt Romney is. and she doesn't know who Al Gore is.

she says she gets the words 'condiment' and 'continent' mixed up.

the list goes on and on.

I believe in accepting people for who they are, but come on.

It seems like everytime we have an extended conversation all I want to do is facepalm the entire time.

But she's extremely beautiful and really fun to be around.

what do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know 18 is pretty young, but if you look 10 years from now, would you see yourself marrying this same "type" of a girl? I'm not saying the same exact girl necessarily, but if you say no, then yeah, just end it. Yeah, marriage isn't something people really think about at that age, however, dating a girl who may not seem "ideal" to you may become a habit. If you want someone "fun to be around", that's what friends are for. And yes, attraction is important in many cases, but there are many attractive people out there. An intellectual connection is key when it comes to relationships because it allows the two individuals to engage in proper discussion, which usually takes up more than 3/4 of "the relationship life". Two people get to know each other by "talking", and "talking" is what brings them closer together each and every time it happens (yeah, not including arguments and stuff.. but you know what I mean). I don't know, honestly... not knowing a few things may seem okay, but it could get to a point where I would get really annoyed. Good luck, though.

What Girls Said 10

• I don't see how a lack in political knowledge automatically rules one as a moron. The grammar mistakes are annoying, but forgivable.

However, you seem very petty so you should probably cease seeing her and find a girl more your caliber. Cut her loose to be fun and beautiful for someone more appreciative.

• you're right. being frustrated While Having a conversation with someone who doesn't know who are vice president is does make me petty huh

• It depends on what you need. If it's important for you to have intellectual convos with your girl, then yeah break up.

• Well you don't really respect her and I'm sure you find that annoying. I say why not friend zone her. Yeah she's pretty and cool, but she's not gf material for u since u can't really connect on an intellectual level. She needs to find a less smart guy who will appreciate her th way she is

• I know it's hard to be patient with those less intelligent. Consider if you'd want her to be the simple minded mother of your future children. Can you see the long-term frustrations of having to constantly correct someone, to have her embarrass you with her ignorance around others?

• if you don't find her intellectually stimulating then the relationship isn't going to go too far. I thought you were a little crazy when I first started reading this like I'm not completely sure on liberals and conservatives, but I know the general gist haha, but the condiment and continent thing, is really bad...

• Oh c'mon... it can't be THAT bad. Teach her. Maybe she isn't well-rounded in politics. Doesn't make her a moron. Do you know what a moron is?

• Well if she doesn't watch or listen to topics that is political she won't know and it doesn't make her dumb but if she is interested, you should explain it to her, but I don't think she is a moron though

• getting ketchup mixed up with North America is pretty moronic to me

• Well if you really want to break up with her because of that, it's really up to you, maybe giving her one more chance, before making a decision.

• It depends on what you want in the relationship. But if you can't see yourself settling down with the girl then you might want to really think about why you are with her

• ur a dick head. help her if its such an issue for you... im sure there are things u don't know that she does.. and she probly face palms too... COME ON !!

• maybe she does know stuff that I don't but we are yet to find out what those things are

• I went on a date with a guy who didn't know what Easter was. I think I win.

What Guys Said 10

• As long as she doesn't troll in bed, that's all that matters in today's day.

• "It ain't nothing to cut that b off" dump her quick. You don't want that ignoramus to grow on you

• If I care about her, I can easily look past that and her flaws in a heart beat.

• Shut up and count your blessings. Sounds like you could be the moron.

• you're right. out of the both of us I am the one who knows who the vice president Is, but you know, I'm the moron

• So what? Tell her then and stop judging her. You either know something or you don't doesn't mean you're stupid.

• It depends on if intellectual conversation trumps caring about her. If so, then break up with her or friend-zone her.

• Lol those are kind of funny. If she's at least a sweetheart I would keep her. You could always teach her about things, nothing wrong with that.

• Wait. If she's fun to be around, what's the problem then? Do you look down your nose on people who aren't gifted as you? What a great guy.

• she's cute and fun to be around, but could you really just be ok with someone who thought 911 was an accident because the pilots fell asleep or something

• You got much to learn my friend. A beautiful girl that is a total sweetheart is someone you could easily fall in love with.

You'll never know what you have until you lose it. You should think about it.

• Dude i gotta know is she a blonde

• You're not exactly a rocket scientist yourself. I wouldn't go trying to throw shade on blondes if I were you.

• Keep in mind as well that Sarah Palin, one of the dumbest people in the world and a wanna be politician, is a brunette.

• he didn't say blondes were the only stupid people on the planet.

• Then just help her. Geez. Everyone isn't a brainy. If you won't even try to help then you don't deserve her. Move on

• knowing the difference between a condiment and a continent doesn't make you a brainy. In fact not knowing the difference makes you the complete opposite of a brainy

• I'm sure if show her a ketchup bottle and asia on a map she'd know the difference. She just gets the spelling wrong. Why not help her? Introduce her to some good books