Do guys really want girls to be straight forward about asking them out?

do guys really want girls to be straight forward when they ask them out? Im more refering to girls asking random guys out on a date, but im also refering to just girls asking guys out in general.

If a guy came up to me and aks me out, especially if i didn't know him, i would probably say no, even if i found him attractive. Maybe its juts my culture, but i dont think i have heard about anyone that is from where im from, male or female, that just randomly walked up to someone they found cute and asked them out. And i belive thats the reason i would be uncomfortable with it.

So thats why im a bit unsure about what guys actually prefer and/or want. Im kinda sick of being alone and just sitting and waiting for guys to approach me (they rarely do anyway) and i would like to try it, and be activ and changing my lovelife. But i just need to know if i can come across as too agressiv or something

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely we do. It is refreshing when the woman comes after us. Unfortunately while women want to be equals, they don't want to be when it comes to relationships (asking and pursuing) and paying the check for the date.
    .
    It is odd your statement about not going out with someone that just asks you out.

That is the whole point of dating... For me I don't know any women other then family so I can only approach strangers. Although I do it online. But online dating is the same concept. Your approaching someone you don't know.
    How would you ever have anyone do date if not for strangers?

What Guys Said 7

• Both men and women wouldn't like a stranger coming up to them and asking them out. Even if they were totally desperate, it still rings some alarms because it's not normal.

Now what I think you're talking about is in the state where two people know each other, normally it's the guy who's expected to make the first move. In that case where many guys would be happy with the girl being straight forward.

Really though it comes down to whether the guy/girl likes enough the person who's being direct.

• don't get me wrong I like asking girls out, but it would be nice for women to take the work load off every once in a while and do it.

• I would fricken love it if a woman out of the blue just went up to me to tell me I'm hot and she wants to go on a date.

• No. We rather you play games. Act like you like us, then ignore us so then we can ignore you so you can wonder "does he like me?"

• it would be great if they were cause im a bit of a nervous person and asking someone out freaks me out a bit so a girl being straight forward and asking me out would be awesome and take some of the pressure off

• Yes, as long as their not too slutty

• Yes, I didn't read whole but sure if a girl ask me out then I feel so happy ;-)

• So if i, or a girl, that you have never seen before, randomly walked up to you and said "hi, you're cute, wanna go out sometime?" you would say yes straight away? even if you didn't fin her attractive?

• No, sport I said you na I didn't read whole in sleep no until she is ! y friend or something I don't go but if strange girl approached me for help thais obviously differ

What Girls Said 3

• I think some of them do. I also think that most wouldn't mind it.

What I have seemed to gather is this--Apparently men are objectified in many other areas of life EXCEPT when it comes to intimacy or being seen as attractive. So for women to approach them and make this known, it makes them feel good and they like it (even though objectification can be down-right insulting, they simply don't get enough of this from women being attracted to them to care). This is what I have seen many men say and it makes sense.

I don't know where you are, but I think that that is a very bad decision for you to do--reject a man based off of the fact that he approached you. You two would have gotten to know each other while on dating, so if your approach is to establish a friendship with a guy BEFORE he can ask you out, I don't think that works too well.

You seem to want to get out of your comfort zone, so I would say go ahead and approach a guy that you find attractive AS WELL AS agree to a date to a guy that you find attractive. :D

• I've been wondering this too. There is this guy I like and I'm pretty sure he likes me too and everyone tells me to ask him out. It's not that I don't like making the first move thats not true. I just don't think its best to ask someone out when you don't know them all that well.

• Guys are lazy now a days. If she shows signs she likes you make it move Its not that hard. If you dont think she's interested keep it moving. I mean its fine if she's comfortable asking you out. But most of these dudes are just lazy.