How much does a girlfriend cost?

Flowers
Weekly dates
buying decent cologne

All This kind of stuff.

• you dont need money
  • if you have to ask then you can't afford one
  • more than $20 a week
These answers sadden me

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the girl, everyone is different and has different expectations.

What Girls Said 11

• Lol.. Your question is amusing

With everything you're talking about it'll be well above $20 a week maybe $40

As a college student there are usually a bunch of free or cheap fun events around campus so you should be okay as far as budget

Most college couples I know go on dates to school events like bar dances, semi formal etc so it's usually pretty cheap 5-10 per ticket

Flowers all the time aren't necessary.
    First date it would be cute..
    The just for holidays and special events afterwords
    Or if she had a bad day

I personally am never comfortable with having guys pay for me but that's how my dad raised me.
    He thinks they'll use it against you in the future for sex. "Guys never understand why I don't accept their gifts"

I rather split half and half or switch off on dates like maybe he pays this week/month next week/month it's on me..

But some girls feel entitled to having guys pay for everything and some partners like buying each other lavish gifts $300 uggs, Jordan's.. etc "I know college students who do this"

So it'll really just vary girl to girl and how she was raised, how serious the relationship is

• guess im over reacting.

Thanks.

• It varies from girl to girl. Some might want to go out more like dinner, movies, events etc. while others might like hiking in the mountains, going to the beach or lake, having a picnic in the park etc.

• well buying decent cologne will be like a one time purchase, its not like you're going to have to buy it every single date, and maybe flowers on the first date, and dinner. once you get into a more serious relationship, then you guys can start splitting bills and maybe she pays for some. its just a very genltmanly thing to do by paying for dates

• It doesn't have to cost anything. But realistically, $50 a week if you're taking her out. $100/year if you factor in gifts.

Depends on your socio-economic position though. Obviously, if you're some kind of millionaire, you're gonna spend more money

• Weekly dates? Damn. I'm lucky if me and my boyfriend has a date once a month, rofl.

• Are you serious? Is this really a question? You're pathetic

• Tell that to the girls that want a man to pay for the dates, the fuel for car, and the other costs. Im just trying to get an idea of a budget.

How much do your dates cost?

• my dates cost about $4 because I have coffee dates. For me its quality over quantity and honestly girls are so ridiculous with their over the top idea for dates

• Guess i am pathetic then.

• Me and my fiance he buys me flowers takes me out on dates and everything like a total gentlemen and I always remind him he doesn't have to spend money on me all I want is for you to be loyal trusting and loving to me.

• You don't need money just find a girl who enjoys simple things :)

• Depends how high maintenance she is

• Depends on the length of the relationship.
    But 20.00 tops.

• with the exception of the week of Valentine's day/birthday/Christmas, I don't see it averaging over 20$ a week.

Most of the money you will be spending is money that you would have spent anyway (cologne) , with the exception of gas money and maybe eating out every other week.

What Guys Said 18

• Dey cost bout tree fiddy

• Flowers and cologne aren't actually necessary. Dates are only when you're getting to know each other, then occasionally. Not week to week...

• Def more than 20$ a week. A meal at mcdonalds for 2 people is almost 20$

• do people still use cologne? I haven't worn any since high school..

• Become friends with a florist.
    Dates are fun, it's not like it's just an expense..
    You only wear cologne if you are in a relationship, lol?

• My friend they are way more then 20 bucks a week Mine was 100 and more a week

• dang it

• what if we both just college students, she can't possibly expect me to shell out.

• How old are you? Yeah you could get by with that if you talk it up like you have big dreams she could stick it out knowing you have to start from some where, but anything out of school the women want to live a pretty good life style I know been through it before. If you can't shell out when your out of school they wail just move on to someone else that can. I know its sad and BIg time BS but that's how this country works with the women here in the USA. I have seen it been through it myself. I have heard some women go to college just to fund a husband and the bigger the house you can offer them the bigger the chance you will get them as yours.

• If your smart... not a dime. Keep her entertained. Money is time, so if you ain't go money then you better deliver on the time!

• More than $20 per week? Add an extra Naught bro.

• go dutch with the paying, no one gives flowers these days and you should already be owning a cologne

• Most of your check which is why you don't let them know how much you make

• You pay for a half tank of gas for $20... That's just driving around to pick her up and get to a date, not even doing anything yet...

• Love or relationship don't cost a thing.

• my girlfriend is silicone and cost $4000

• I have expensive taste but she's cool with doing things that are free and thats good with me.

• about £ 125,000, ask my ex wife

• They cost money but you can also be smart about it. You don't have to go to an expensive restaurant when a cheap one will do. Stuff like that.

• What are you in the market for what will she need be used for.

• Girl friend = no extra money because all the extra money is spent on them...