Would you date someone that was deaf?

Question asks it all.

The main purpose of the question is to get you thinking openly to other options. I'm not disappointed with the results:)

Most Helpful Guy

• I dated a girl that was deaf for almost 3 years I see no problem with it

What Guys Said 21

• that would make me feel sad basically... since i love music... knowing that she couldnt enjoy music... it'd be really sad... so nope...:-/

• Deaf people can enjoy music, just not in ways we know how to. They feel the beat of music more than anything, basically.

• They use their hands. And although they can't actually hear with their ears they can feel it. And can still hear music in their head the same way we do

• Interesting topic 4 a question... thanks

• If she could read lips AND talk, then yeah I'd date a deaf girl. If only date her if it was easy to communicate with her.

• I don't think I'd ask out a deaf girl. I don't know how that would even happen. If I was dating a girl I really liked and she had an accident and went deaf I'd still date her.

• Yeah, sure I would. I'd assume I'd have to learn sign language, but that would be cool.

• I would never take advantage of someone who has disabilities. However like I said before, if you love or care enough for someone, you'd do anything for her, look past anything about her and simply love her for who she is.

• I couldn't. Music is a passion of mine. Plus the inability to communicate with her verbally would make it much more difficult.

• Yes, i would have no problem dating a deaf girl

• How would you communicate?

• @NYkid27 deaf people can't completely understand you when reading your lips. Everyone has different mouth movements and accents, and it isn't 100% accurate. It is very difficult, so the only reasonable way to communicate is sign language. ( no hate, just providing information)

• Well one of my friends is deaf and he can understand me just by reading lips so it is possible

• Yea I wouldn't mind learning how to use my hands to talk

• I'd have to brush up on my sign but sure.

• No that's unheard of.

• Why not maybe she would feel the need to talk less.

• Yeah, I would. I'd need to learn Sign though.

• Yes, I would.

• Yeah I would.

• NO bc I don't know sign language

• tough one, i think i would.

• No, I wouldn't

• yes i would, dont have an issue with it at all

• dating a deaf female would be so awesome.

I wouldn't have to listen to her nagging.

• If you feel he/she is worth taking the time to get to know, why not? We are all human, and at the end of tge day, MOST people are looking for companionship. I'm not saying to go into it pitying him/her. If that's the case, definitely don't do it. But if there's a real interest/attraction, the fact that they're deaf shouldn't be a reason not to date them. Or any disability for that matter, unless the disability severely affected the relationship somehow.

• Yes I would. If I liked her that wouldn't put me off.

What Girls Said 13

• If I was single I wouldn't rule it out. I used to work with deaf people in telecommunications and have had a couple of deaf friends over the years. If I really was in to a guy, I would love to learn sign language to talk to him. When people fall in love, despite their limitations or whatever it is in general that you didn't expect from the person that you need to compromise or adjust your life to be with the person and be happy - we all seem to find a way to do it. We can't choose who we fall in love with. :)

• It'd be a little hard to communicate. I don't know sign language and I'm sure we're not going to have a pen/paper wherever we go. But I'm sure I could manage it.

• Yes i would. Lots of people are deaf these days from too much ipod and prefer texting than talking.

• Yes, if we loved each other

• How deaf are we talkin'? Partially deaf or completely? If the former, I don't see why not. If the latter... I wouldn't rule them out, but I'd have to put in serious work learning how to communicate. O_O

• yeah it would be hard, but if i was interested in someone and everything about them made me happy, that wouldn't stop me from dating them, they're just not fortunate as others with hearing but there's always other ways to communicate :))

• If he has hearing aids or something so He could hear me or aleast he could understand me and he has to be able to talk.

• Yeah, I know basic sign language.

• Definitely! I am fluent in American Sign Language, so I would easily be able to communicate with them. Very beautiful language.

• Perhaps...

• I know this sounds really harsh and I don't mean to offend anyone, but I really don't think I could date someone that's deaf /:

• :) Awww, of course.

• Yes i have and would again...