Why do some guys get mad when you don't text back?

I've noticed that a couple of my previous boyfriends and the boyfriend I have now kind of get upset when I don't text them back after a few minutes of sending me a text. One of my ex's even threw a fit one time when I didn't have my phone with me and I didn't answer for about an hour and he texted me like 10 times. After I called him to explain, he gave me the third degree. The boyfriend I have now just gets upset when I don't text him back immediately. He'll text things like "Well I guess you don't want to talk to me right now" or "fine. don't talk to me" One time he texted me wondering why I hadn't talked to him.This only happens with texts. I mean when we talk on the phone or in person, none of this is ever mentioned. So why do guys act like babies and freak out if you don't text them back immediately? I don't try to ignore them. I just don't always have my phone in my hand at all times.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• This is the first I've herd of a girl having a problem with the fact that her man is adamant about such things. Normally you hear girls complain about you're problem reversed. My guess is he just wants to feel like he is your top priority.

• Yup yup..he wants b ur first priority..i hav d same prob wit my ex..an hour late he will msg me ''dont wana bother me ady izzit..-.-''..but I thing those guy are getting overly control or jz being clingy..

What Guys Said 1

• well I get annoyed at my friends because they will txt me then not respond for awhile or untill I call them. and I know with my x I would text her and know if she was busy she would txt me back later.. just tell them that you have a life and can't always get to the phone so if your busy you will get to it when you can and if they can handle it too bad for them...

What Girls Said 3

• The guy's youve dated sound very insecure over your relationship. That's usually an explanation for the way theyre acting

• I have friends who are the same way. I hate being tied to my phone all the time, so don't always pay attention to it, and there are times when it is not polite or possible to see messages. Just keep calm and keep explaining that you can't always check messages right away. Tell him that he is overreacting. Say that you prefer living life rather than being tied to your phone. Don't cave in or you will end up spending too much of your time waiting for messages.

• insecure.i had an insecure boyfriend who would get mad if I didn't text him right back or call him within 5-10 minutes. I don't keep my phone attached to my hip.