Girls, Would you date a guy who wore nail polish?

also I don't mean black like a goth

16

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't give a fuck what he does with his nails, of course I would.

What Girls Said 15

• Sure I would. Actually, I kind of lean towards people who defy traditional gender standards, so if anything it would be a plus.

• oh I missed this one, good on you

• i guess it would be a little strange but i wouldn't not date him just because he paints his nails what if he had an amazing personality. so i wouldn't care that much.

• 2/16 I guess that's not the worst statistics in the world, however it still makes me think the world is coming to shit

• sorry 3/16 I missed one

• Well, if he is kind to me and I see potential in him, I would.

• ahh not really, unless it's clear or he needs to apply some sort of nail hardener?
    I'm into men who just... fully look like men.

• Why would he paint he's nails for?

• likes the looks

• Probably not, I think I would pass

• so without knowing anything else about him you would pass just passed on this?

• Oh gosh no... Bruce Jenner just popped up in my mind... But um, I'm a girl and I dont even like to wear nail polish myself

• I'm assuming this is a no, however I would like for you to explain further

• I just despise nail polish all together. It really disgusts me. Its honestly like a weird fear of mine. I hate the smell and all. So if I see a guy that I liked wearing it, I just couldnt go through with the relationship. Call me shallow, but I'm just being honest.

• yea but at least that is a legitimate reason unlike some of them I have heard, so despite some people thinking its "shallow" it's for a totally different reason and its a reason I can respect, so no your reason is great, and thanks for you opinion

• Politically correct, tumblr-esque answer: of course!! Why not!! To hell with gender roles!! Rock that nail polish!

Legit answer: no thanks

• nope i won't

• If he was bisexual or something or I was comfortable dating a feminine guy then I guess so
    but id be turned off. Same way I wouldn't consider a guy who shaved his legs lol

• To be honest, it would be a bit disturbing.
    And no, I wouldn't

• I wasn't saying you were stupid I was saying things don't always stay the what they were originated and I personally don't believe jumping on one aspect of someone is a good idea, ya never know what treasures are behind one minor aspect

• Of course, looks can't totally define the guy's personality, but wearing nail polish is really feminine, in our era
      And I'm not into effeminate guys

• no i wouldn't

• probably not. i'm not into metro dudes.

• No not ever ever I would want a full man

• yet if I said I want a normal woman who wore a dress and had long hair, who cooked me dinner and made me a sandwich (like was traditional in 1950-1972ish) I would be considered sexist

• Thanks you're actually the first person to be okay with my opinion most people think that I'm being anti feminist but I mean people like different types of people and some of them might be considered sexist and some of them aren't . Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• for the second time ever I am proud of the younger generation

• Sorry but I wouldn't.

• Why is he wearing nail polish would be my first question?

• because he likes the looks