If I be patient and wait might we end up together?

Or should I just give up? Did I scare him off?
Who knows if I will hear from him again? I met a guy through someone I work with... I only chatted to him briefly but he was really nice and cute and I like him.
Apparently he asked my workmate who I was and said I was hot. So I added him on fb and we have been sending messages back and forth.
Anyways I asked him if he wanted to catch up for a drink sometime when he's free. He said yes but not right now Have as he is "all over the place" after a "messy break up". He told me for now he just wants to spend time by himself or with his mates... But he said a couple of times that he would be keen later.
What does this mean? Is there still a chance in a few months time? Or will I never hear from him?

Is he just not into me? Was this a gentle let down?

Will he he ever contact me or not? It could take years to get over a breakup! He wasn't lying though... My workmate did warn me that he just got out of a relationship of 5 years.

P. s We are both 28 year olds... not teenagers I feel a little silly... How should I act when I see him next socialising at my workplace (i work in hospitality)?

P. s I think it's been about 3 months since he broke up with his gf... Shouldn't that be long enough?

Do I look desperate? I was going for confident... These things never work out hey!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• After a 5 year relationship I would think I need at least a year to figure myself out again. I've been a "we" for 5 years, who am "I".

I think it's nice he isn't using you as a rebound.

I can't answer any of those questions about what he will do in the future. However you shouldn't be putting your life on hold waiting for him. Act like a friend to him and keep putting yourself out there to date others.