Is our generation getting better or worse at dating?

Because of the internet we have a lot of dating information available. I myself am trying to read as much as I can about dating because I am terrible at it. But generations before us didn't have this information and they did fine.

Do you think that because of all the information that is out there that we are getting better at dating? Or are we getting worse at it because we may be ignoring our natural instincts?

To update this. I feel that the internet can help up to a point. For a guy with approach anxiety and who is bad with women I've had some good pointers.

But there is also the other side. According to these dating coaches I must be this or that. When she says this then I must say this. All these thing rob me from being me.

Thank you all for your input.

Most Helpful Guy

• There is a lot of pros and cons

Pros:
    Internet helps with searching for what you want
    easier to connect and socialize with people
    Casual hookups are easy now a days
    Services provide higher chances of attraction ( in some senses)

Cons:
    Poor face to face social skills
    Some of the generations become quite mostly visual
    Vanity can be a problem at times with people
    sometimes materialistic world views eg must have money yada yada yada

There are plenty more examples for I think but I can not think of them off the top of my head : )

What Girls Said 4

• I think it's because of social media that people are getting worse at it. Since there has been these dating sites, people have been providing false information about themselves or even fake pictures or accounts. So now, u can't really fully know a person if u meet them online. This generation is capable of anything and I would expect anything from them. Plus, i'd never trust someone I met online unless I get to know them in person.

• Worse. People are becoming more antisocial. Yes we have more information at our fingertips but there's something to be said about discussions face to face as opposed to computer to computer. Our social communication skills are becoming more less and less. Instead of phoning we text. Instead of going to a community event we use online dating.

• Of course it is. Poor social skills, excessive indulgence and a 'let's fuck' attitude...

• I believe people are getting worst at it since we are ignoring our natural instincts when it comes to dating another person.
    I believe with access to the Internet it makes it worst since people complain about their relationships online, where there partner can see it, without actually talking it out to one another. Though that's how I feel.

What Guys Said 11

• I don't know but I suspect it is a train werck. Sex is easier, finding people is easier but finding quality people seems to be very hard. Guys seems split between the shy guys, guys scared off by divorce and the guys who only want sex.

Women seems to be split between those who want nothing to do with marriage and kids but these seem like a smaller but very loud set of people, and then there are those looking for a guy for a LTR but they are split into feminists, traditional and half a dozen other subsets like I am type of girl who wants to pays half of the bill but want you 'to hold me down and dominate me'... Confusing.

Then there is p*rn ... Confusing a lot of people. Do you actually beleive everything you here or read on teh internet? Most people are vanilla or near vanilla. Some are supper kinks, most aren't but it seems to define how people look at their own sexuality.

Lastly, an attitide of anything goes for anyone. But then you want people to act with some standards but there isn't any line so know one knows what is acceptable which leads to lots of things that are actually crimes, Single Moms who want everyone incldung their children to pay for bad choices, to dads who abandon their kids, to guys who are nice to a woman's kids just to F her anytime they want (I learned this here) and other just as disgusting tactics to get sex.

Women don't want to be women and men don't want to be men. It is a mess. Good lick with that, it is your mess as a generation. My advice to you, do what is right for the kids.

• actually internet helps shy people in the dating game basically

• Sry ment to hit up vote cause I'm shy and talking to others as friends or more than that is a LOT easier online for me.

• True, but are are more people shy because they don't have to learn social skills by interacting face to face?

• Klaatu51, zmonman and chercheur. I think you all of you have a good point.

• Worse, I feel like the dating market is so tough out there. Personally for me anyways, I live in a big city and the competition is brutal. It can be a good thing but also a bad one, I find that people including myself cause I have no choice micro date a lot (this being just small 2 week relationships) everything just seems super casual as far as sex and dating go.

• Worse for sure as we can already see around us !
    The people even don't know how to spend time togather !
    what are infos on internet ! when u know much, ur more worse ! because ur not urself, u just try to be the best !
    I hate it :S

• I've never experienced dating in previous generations but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that we're worse now :/

• Yes, people don't use common sense.

• It depends in where you live. Los Angeles, Florida and California then the dating game is hard because everybody taken. If you live in Delaware like I do now most people are shy or boring. The dating game in Delaware is slow. It depends on where you live.

• Worse, but not because of technology. Technology is a convenient scapegoat.

• Pretty much identical.

• no, it's not.

• Much worse. Our generation is a bunch of slack jawed f**gots