A 47 year old man dating a 21 year old girl? Is that weird?

Most Helpful Girl

• Weird? Yes. Unusual. I would never do it. I'm attracted to older men. But it only goes about 15 years. I have a limit. If you like him and he likes you then what does it matter? Peoples opinions on older men and younger females can be discouraging. Often times you will hear, women especially, saying that if an older man can be with someone that much younger than he should be consider a pedophile. However, in my eyes, you are well over 18. You are old enough to know what you want and go forth with your decision without the judgement of others because you are your own person. So what if he's a lot older? Know what I mean? I live in a family that passes a huge judgement on my relationship choices but sometimes you just have to push through the negativity so you can be happy with your life. Don't let people tell you what to do. There's an age difference, a quite big one, but you are still two consenting adults and can do as you please. Neither one of you is in the wrong.

What Guys Said 32

• If two people are attracted to each other, why does it matter? Last year, I dated a woman who was exactly half my age. I'm 44, she was 22. We had a great time together. We are no longer together romantically (for reasons that nothing to do with our ages), but we are still very good friends and talk nearly every day.

Just yesterday, I asked out a woman in my class who is also pretty close to half my age. We've been talking all semester and the time just felt right to take the next step. She said yes right away.

It truly all comes down to individual preferences and your own state of mind. I'm very young at heart and don't look my age. Personally, I much prefer to be with a mature-minded woman in her twenties or early thirties than with a woman my own age. With rare exception, I don't find women close to my age to be attractive. They come with all sorts of emotional baggage, physical saggage, and generally seem to have very specific (and often unrealistic) things they are looking for in a mate.

Age is just a number and a state of mind. Why make a big deal of it?

• yep. weird.

• weird yeah... but not a crime basically!!!

so...

• Not if Viagra is cheap.

• Yeah, that's pretty weird. Imagine two outcomes.

1. You two marry. Average male lifespan is about, what, 75? So you're guaranteed to be a widow relatively young.

2. You date, then break up and try dating guys your own age. They'll think you're some sugar-baby tramp and never be able to respect you.

• It's unusual. But, it's not necessarily wrong.

• There are usually unethical reasons involved but it's your choice and your relationship.

• Unethical how?

• Yeah! This relationship wouldn't be like that at all.

• If you're pursuing the other things in life like a career and such it shouldn't be an issue. I do know a girl who married significantly older and it is working out. The tendency is just that what I described ends up being the issue.

• No, he must be getting some good pussy, for his age

• Could you slip her my digits?

• some will think it's indeed weird but both are adults so no problem i think

• No.

Older men love younger females. That's how it always has been

• well she's 21 well over age 18 good for them both

• yeeeeeeees

• I knew someone that is younger than me by about 10 years that is dating a 51 year old ! he was super controlling In my view.

• That is terribly weird lol..
    If i would see a girl (~21 yrs) and a man (~47 yrs) eating together in a restaurant, i would assume that the man is the father of the girl lol

• Not my concern

• Rare? Yes. weird? No

• What's new these days?

• Yeah that's weird.

• Yes very weird, maybe even too weird

• He, Anon, I'm very mature for my age ;)

• Yes, that's a little much.

• Divide age by 2 and add 7. If it's below that it's weird.

• Yeah better she may date me

• Yes it's weird. That old man should find somebody his age to date. I want the 21 year old girl ;)

• In my own opnion, yeah it is. You're dating a man who's old enough to be your father but if that's what you like, then more powers to you.

• Quite unusual. People will talk... as long as no one is psychologically forcing the other, it may be weird but it's not wrong.

• It's weird, both are losers!.

• Hmm... he must be quite rich or well endowed. Or both.

• very fucking bad... .

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 34

• Unpopular opinion here, but I think it is not weird. There are things to consider between couples that have nothing to do with what other people think. If the woman is attracted to older men, or if the woman has the maturity of an older woman, anything we see or don't see can make these two compatible. What's more, they are legal adults. Once you're 21, it's on. If they found that they are fulfilling each others' needs then that is between them and no one needs to be part of that decision. How other people view it will be their business, but as people get to know the couple they might start to understand why they felt the attraction in the first place if it is a good relationship. I was involved with a few older men in my 20s and I was attracted to them because I felt men in their 20s and 30s hadn't learned a lot of lessons yet and I loved the old-school romance an older man had to offer.

• It's weird and very uncommon but it's legal so whatever.

• Nothing surprises me anymore.

• Not really. These are two sexually mature, consenting adults. We can't look at their situation and understand it. We don't see them when they're together or hear how they talk to each other or feel how they make each other feel.

Anyone who judges them is short sighted and kinda arrogant

• Yes! Thank you! I agree! :)

• Yes he's way WAY too old... even a 30 year old is, it's okie if the dude is like 5 years old but after that... starts to get weird lol.

• Its not that weird. But if you guys were getting married might be a litrle weird. But i think its fine.😊

• Hell yes. She's young enough to be his child. Makes me wonder if he was looking at girls with that age difference when he was actually 21 or younger : /

• Kinda but, it doesn't matter as long as you guys love each other.

• Age doesn't matter if you are happy.

• Anything can happen :) Unusual but nothing wrong

• Nah It's the same with my parents so not really a big deal

• What are you parents age? If you don't mind me asking.

• My dad is in his mid 50's while my mom is around 30's-40's

• Yes it's weird, I dated a guy who was 45. He as 22 years older than me. He just wanted my youth. He was controlling, manipulative, and jealous. So be careful, he will start off as super sweet and seem like he can't do anything wrong. Just remember it's a reason why he can't find women his age. I learned the hard way, keep your eyes open and if you start seeing signs that he is manipulative leave. Good luck and 've careful.

• That is very weird

• yes. that's a pretty big age difference.

• Who am i to judge if you like his leathery skin.

• That guy must have something to offer her in the bedroom or outside... Sugah daddies.

• hey im 48 and still supple

• Asker... I wonder do all guys have to reach to age 47 to be emotionally mature. :P

• Bot to me nor the opposite. They're both of age.

• Yes in my opinion, but what does that matter? If it's a healthy relationship, fine. But in general i find that age gap a lot.

• It's weird, but they're both legal adults so there's nothing anyone can do about it.

• Old enough to be her das, so yep. weird. And creepy.

• What the h... What is up with these old guy and young girl question today o. O

• He can be double her age but my bf can't be 4 years older? Fuck everything just going to do as I wish now

• If you're not careful your bf could be locked up for statutory rape. The different between their situation and their is that they're nothing legal and you're still a minor. If I were you I wouldn't go seeking older guys until I was 18.

• I don't think they're saying you can't be together... you're still a minor... just be careful... or he could be locked up... I don't know of you have read these comments... but, some people are telling me that's it's weird... and I'm not pitching a fit. It's a matter of wanting people's opinions... if you want to be with an older guy... go for it...

• Thanks :)

• Why are these questions trending today?

• I have a coworker who just turned 18 n married a 57 yr old n now pregnant.

• It's very weird.

• It's very weird...

• yes very much so

• hell yes that's weird eww

• Seen it happen
    and in better taste than dating even older to pay off college costs.

Nine years seems to be the outer range before conversations begin to get weird.

That said, in the movie Moon Is Blue, starlet quipped "A man should marry a woman half his age, plus seven" = 47/2+7 = 30.5 ... (inside that 9 year range).

en.wikipedia.org/.../Age_disparity_in_sexual_relationships

• So yes... he's too old? Or no? I mean it's just 26 years... which I think is like the limit. But, I don't think of him as 47.

• Yes/no black/white right/left wing
      NEVER say NEVER
      The world is not like this - there are too many nuances at play... in this case... to determine the life of any relationship, must less this one whose age-diff participants rate in the low percentages (minority) ... like I said, seen it done for both lust, money/security and love... and last.

My crystal ball says that the young gal (you?) will be able to give it 100% for as long as your normal tenacity has lasted in the past with hard problems, be they advanced education or athletics.. to use as a ruler... so no problems here = YES
      We don't know what he thinks about this beyond obvious lust, so how long he can give the 51-100% portion required to make this work is a guessing game. You know his past and tenacity quotient better than most, so you put a time line on his participation = ?

Thus, my best answer with these few facts = YES + ? = you'll have to fill in the? to get an answer.

AGE is a factor but NOT THE factor

• No, it's not that weird. But you're probably gonna need some viagra to make this relationship work :P

• My fiancĂ© and I have been together for 8 years and he's 36 and I'm 27 I see no reason that it would be wrong.

• More from Girls
    4