Is it wrong that I don't love my girlfriend yet?

We've been going out for 5 months now and I still know I don't truly love her yet, yes I care for her and like her A LOT but the love just isn't there (yet). Is this wrong? Not trying to sound like my standards are to high but it takes a lot to earn my genuine love.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's not wrong. Love develops at its own pace and it's different for everyone. It's just important that you don't lie to her and say you love her if that it's true (yet). Honesty is important, so if for right now you like her a lot and care for her then that's perfectly okay.

What Girls Said 5

• Nothing wrong with that at all. I think that is a good thing. It means you are taking it seriously

• You can't rush feelings so how can it be wrong? No.

• Some people think otherwise but you're correct.

• No because love isn't something you wake up with... It takes time... It is something you have to feel within... You can't force love so no your not wrong and if she can't understand that your not ready to love her than obviously you don't need to be together :)

• if you don't min me asking what is her name

and plus to me it means more if the guy waits for the right moment to say it

• No. I think it's good actually. Some people rush to try to pretend they're madly in love really early on. I'm the same way as you

What Guys Said 2

• No it may take time to love someone.

• Took me a year with my last girl. Dont stress about it.