How do I tell this guy I'm dating that I'm still a virgin at 26?

It never really happened. College was everything else but sex and I've been so busy with work that it never really happened. I'm embarrassed to tell him so I say that I want to take things slow.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just say you want to take things slow. If he asks (way down the line please - not after a week), then you can tell him if you're comfortable with it. And you don't have to explain it. If he can't handle that, then he's not for you.

I never got how being a virgin was such a horrible thing. If it's your choice, then it's your choice. Even if you haven't slept with a guy because none are interested at the moment, that means very little.

It's like drinking. People make such a huge darn issue about it. Same with being a virgin. I'm a virgin at 35; I'm kind of proud of that. Considering if I had had sex with the girls I THOUGHT were cool at one time? Who knows what diseases I'd have? - Even from the supposed "good girls."

So don't worry about it. Don't just do it to get it done and over with or because you want to be cool or whatever - do it because you love the guy; because you feel a huge amount of commitment to the guy; do it when YOU want to. Feel free when you are mature enough to handle it without it causing huge issues. Don't do it for peer pressure.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 15

• There is NOTHING wrong with being a virgin. (We all started that way) Don't be ashamed and remember there is no reason to tell him until it appears that your situation is at the point he needs to know. Then just tell him. It would not change a thing about my feelings for a woman, only change how we proceed (more carefully and definitely gently)

• There's no need to tell him until you are both in the bedroom. That sort of fact is intimate and personal and should be brought up in just that setting. That's how I discovered from my 22 year old GF. I was 27. She told me she wanted to wait until marriage. I wanted to marry her, so I was more than willing to wait.

• Mr Right will smile 😊 n say " no prob cutie I'll teach you" n Mr Wrong will be mad or something like that so if he's Mr Wrong then knock him out with a power 👊

• Tell him so that he will provide you the degree of respect you deserve. I know I would be beyond thrilled to have found such a treasure. I would honor you and your virginity all the way.

• Just tell him straight up; be direct, tell him exactly about your virginity and simply keep it simple. He'll most likely understand.

• The guy is dating you because he likes who you are not because your putting out just tell him the truth I don't think he will be bothered by it at all

• College without sex.
    Mind=blown!

I bet you got good grades though!

• Just take it slow most guys won't care if your a virgin and if they do care then they have a serious problem lol

• That is your big honour for you
    I think he ll be respect to you

• pftft not a big deal

• Very similar situation to me. It just never happened. I'm 27.
    But I don't think he'd have a problem with it. Just tell him.

• I was a virgin until 20, it's not the end of the world to be a virgin. Why would you think it's a bad thing?

• worry about it. I Am The 27 years old and a virgin. tell him that you virgin and if his not happy with that move on :)

• There's no shame in being a virgin.. and the fact that you're one, is a good reason to take things slow. He should understand. Most guys don't really care if the girl is a virgin. And, if for whatever reason, this guy happens to be one of the few that has a problem.. At least you can be done with him now, rather than getting more attached to him only for you to late find out he's not the right guy for you.

• Don't tell him at all. When you're ready you're ready. Why does he have to know? Why do you have to be embarrassed about it?

• He might be more gentle if he knows and besides it will be more embarrassing if she bleeds a little bit. And THEN tell him she was a virgin. Or he might hurt her without realizing it and she might lose her urge to have sex in the future.

She has to tell him only when they will be actually about to have sex. It's nothing embarrassing... He will just be more careful and next time they will do as they would...

What Girls Said 6

• There's nothing wrong with it. As you see yourself here most guys don't really care. Just tell him when you will be about to have sex. Not earlier not later. Just something like :"I just want you to know that I'm still a virgin. It just didn't happen before. It's not like I tried to avoid it, until marriage or something. It's just never happened... " or however it comes out. Just don't tell him earlier than that time, because you will be putting yourself in the position of "something is wrong with me "when there's nothing wrong. Really... Virginity is just overrated...

• Just tell him! there's NO shame in being a virgin! Some guys like it some dont. If he treats you differently after you tell him. Like he doesn't have as much respect for you, than he's not worth it. But if he understands and takes it slow, he's a keeper :)

• Keep it a 100 don't sugar coat anything. Tell him this is who you are and why. You shouldn't be scared of telling him who you are and what's important to u. Say what's on your mind and dont wait if anything he would get mad at u waiting to tell him so just let him know... And if he is OK with it than move on... If he is not well Move on as well don't stress over it... GOOD LUCK !!!

• There's nothing wrong with that. He'll be perfectly fine with that.

• seriously virginity is that big of a deal? yet i am here still a virgin and nobody wants me:( lolll

• When time comes just say it and explain why.. No other way around it