Guys, is he no longer interested even though he asked me out?

I met a guy through online dating and we messaged back and forth for 2 days before he asked for my number. He seems like he's very busy with work and only messages at night. He only initiated the conversation twice but when I initiate around night time we always end up messaging till the early hours of the morning.

He asked me out and said I could choose between movie or bowling. I told him I was going to be busy and said maybe another time but didn't suggest another time. After a day of us not talking I messaged him again and we talked all night and I fell asleep during it without responding to his last message. When I woke up in the morning I responded and said 'to answer your other question I would choose bowling'.

He hasn't responded since and it's been a day. He's seen my message. Is he not into me? I'm feeling confused by his mixed signals.

4

Most Helpful Guy

• I would assume once you told him you were busy and didn't even bother to try to plan something else another day instead that he just completely lost interest and knew the likely chance he was actually going to meet you and get anywhere was slim so he moved on to someone else.

This happens quite a lot and I been on a dating site where a lot of girls are getting loads and loads of attention and a lot of times you chat and chat and than try to plan something and they're simply always busy so instead of waiting around if they don't put any interest or affect into trying to plan something when they're not busy I would usually just move on and start talking to another girl instead who seems more interested into me.

So for all you know he just moved on, he could possibly be busy or he could just not be interested anymore since you didn't show any interest to actually plan something with him since he offered but you were simply 'too busy'. You can't expect a guy to sit around and wait for you to be free if you're not going to express any actual interest in wanting to meet.

• Thanks for your reply. Since he hasn't replied to my last message where I said that I prefer bowling should I send him another message being for direct and asking if he's free this weekend or is that considered too clingy?

• I think that if he doesn't reply he's simply lost interest and it would be pretty clingy to reply back but I mean it doesn't hurt too try worse case he doesn't reply and you simply move on and know at least you tried to fix it.

What Guys Said 3

• To him you are the one sending mixed signals. You turned him down for a date and then did not reply until late.

• This happens quite a lot and I been on a dating site where a lot of girls are getting loads and loads of attention and a lot of times you chat and chat and than try to plan something and they're simply always busy so instead of waiting around if they don't put any interest or affect into trying to plan something when they're not busy I would usually just move on and start talking to another girl instead who seems more interested into me.

• "I told him I was going to be busy and said maybe another time but didn't suggest another time."
    Big mistake. Most guys will interpret that as a lack of interest. Granted, he should have just chosen something instead of leaving it up to you, but he probably thinks the ball is in your court to let him know what day/time would work for you. Try that, and if he doesn't respond, he's probably not interested.

• Since I last messaged him saying that I choose bowling... does that not count as me being interested in meeting up with him? Should I message again? I hate always having to initiate :/

• Cool thanks. When should I message him again? I hasn't been a full day since I last messaged him and I don't want to come across as clingy

• Another day or two should be fine.