Guys, Anxiety and depression is ruining my relationship?

I'll start by saying I have depression and anxiety. I worry about things way more than I should then do too much to prevent it from happening.
This has affected my boyfriend too. He says that it makes him sad too that I have depression and how I can't seem to stay happy for too long and I understand that. And we talked and I called him crying my eyes out and he said he loved me and it's okay and that it is something we both have to deal with but I just can't shake the feeling that maybe he'd be better without me. And I'm worried maybe he will break up with me for this because it hurts him too and he keeps telling me I'm making things up and I need to not worry about things that aren't real. But I can't help but over analyze his actions and think of how and when to break up with him because I honestly feel like he may get fed up with me and do it or something like it'll be too much for him eventually. We've been dating for 6 months now but I'm just so confused with my anxiety and it targets him the most.
I find myself every night bracing for when he will want to leave me because that's the feeling my gut tells me and everyone says to listen to your gut but when you have anxiety and depression, your gut tells you lies. I don't know what to do and how to make the voices go away. I know I'm worrying about nothing but I want to be myself again so he doesn't have to suffer too.
Help?

7

Most Helpful Guy

• Because of your anxiety and depression you're most likely over reacting.
    You're boyfriend has said that he loves you and that he wants to help you out so you should let him. He's your boyfriend and you should share your problems with him. "A problem shared is a problem halved."

What Guys Said 6

• So it's not anxiety issues. Trust me. But speaking of trust, it sounds like you guys (or maybe just you) have trust issues. Rebuild that strong trust on each other and the anxiety will disappear.. talk to him about that, how you really want to trust him and how the trust thing is a huge issue for you guys (if it's true..)// but anyways that's what I have to go through as well and figured out that it was only my trust..

• Yeah, you definitely have some personal self-esteem issues that you need to fix before this relationship comes to a screeching halt. Every man has his own problems, but for a woman to give him her problems too may be too much. Who knows how much tolerance he has left, but you need to stop pushing the envelope and seek professional help and counseling if anything. Anything that helps push you into a more positive light instead of letting yourself sink into mental oblivion.

• **********

Girls and guys are inherently different guys have less emotional support while girls are more emotionally connected to everyone else and able to have that safety net of emotional support. So guys are really only able to have one branch of emotional support and that would be you the girlfriend because his guy friends arn't that open. You two need time apart so you can work on yourself look into the OutwardBound program to help yourself. Let me know if there's anything I can answer.

• Are you in therapy? Have you seen a doctor about anti-depressants. It could just be a chemical imbalance that can be solved with meds.

• Have you been to a GP or medical professional about your anxiety and depression and if so what was the outcome

• Too long to read. Growing up helps you deal with anxiety. If they're too extreme you may need some medicine. Just use will power to fight the anxiety. Find what situations trigger them and avoid them. Good luck