Girls, Do people date/sex outside their race for the curiosity of it?

12

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 11

• Personally, I didn't.

This guy and me started off as friends, and he was crushing on me from the get go. He asked me to his girl, and I said Yes.
    I never thought about dating out of my race until then.

----
    On the other hand,
    I have a friend whose main goal is to do every girl in every race.
    He's white and has done White, Spanish and Black.
    Right now he's trying to do Asian and Indian.
    I asked him..."sooo, what happens when you do every race? Are you going to find a mixed girl (who is everything combined)?"
    He said , "No, I'll hit the reset button and start all over again."

• to be his girl*

• Yeah, I can relate.
      I live in NY where you see every race. But I went to a school with predominantly blacks so I always had black men approaching me. Until I branched out and went to a different school (When I got older), had a job (in a white neighborhood), only then could I see the opposite race checking me out.
      Its of bad some men do it like a "sport" but to each their own I guess. He's definitely one of them.

• Are you white?

• Personally throughout my life I've always found other races more attractive than my race and I'm black. Currently I very much like this white guy and night just bc of his different race, but because he understands waaaaaaaay better than any other guy has. I don't know if it's because of our two different cultures but i do know that he's someone worth falling in love with and I've never been this into someone so quickly in a friendship. I love white guys but the connection is of more importance and we have a deep connection.

• I've noticed a lot of black women doing so.. but in my opinion I think it's taught behavior an how the powers that be make black males look in the media so I'm return black woman venture out

• Oh yeah the media has lots to do with it. But also black women have been wronged by black guys. We learn from experience. My first love was black and he was awesome but wasn't what I needed. My Puerto rican bf ended up being so emotionally unstable/kinda crazy. I don't know. Your mind/way of thinking is what it all boils down to.

• So because it didn't work with that black an PR guy, you go white.. you think a white guy won't wrong u? If you thinking that, you sadly mistaken.. but to let media turn u away from certain guys is pretty crazy

• YES!!! I like white boys Lol... but even years ago my daddy is black persian and my mommy is Colombian and Japanese... and here I am the result of a mixed race marriage... :)

• What makes not like black guys?

• I like black guys too I eve married one..(I'm divorced now) but currently I rather white boys or mixed like me

• Some do. Some simply aren't attracted to people of their race though.

• You date outside your race?

• Neither. I grew up thinking black guys were attractive but I think that was a little ingrained. When I was growing up there seemed to be this sort of... unstated "rule" about dating other men who weren't black--that due to all the black stereotypes about us, other men wouldn't like us. So our best bet was to stay with our men.

As I grew, I realized that if black men were free to date other black women while black women were meant to stay "loyal", then I wasn't going to do it. As I opened myself to other races, I gradually found black men less attractive than others.

There is something else about black men (not in general) that wouldn't make anything between us work as well.

• So you don't date black guys out of rebellion. Ok

• Yes I believe there are people who do this. It's horrible. I don't want to be someone experiment material.

• What is your nationality

• Right. The media shows bad image about Black men but I always think that it's more on the individual instead of the race.

• Absolutely true.. real history tells you that

• Or maybe they're attracted to those people. You never know, crazier things have happened.

• For me for certain races it was out of curiosity an others it was more than just sex cause we could actually build on the same similarities

• I'm sure they do

• Curiosity & genuine interest.

• i do, but thats jut me. I also date my race though

• I want to believe that they usually do it because they fall in love, not because they are "curious".

• I don't believe this is a gender specific question.

• Well I'm heterosexual so I want women to answer. If men wanna fine answer, fine to