I don't want to get hurt, should I give up on him before I get more hurt?

We have been out on a couple dates now, been hanging out, hooking up and talking for almost 3 months. But the problem is that over those last three months we have been far away from eachother because I'm away at school, about two hours away, but now I'm moving back to the city where he is so we are going to be close. He did just tell me he missed having me in town. When I asked him what he thought of me he told me he thinks Im a cool girl to hang out with and thinks we really hit it off. We hung out with a group of friends the other night and I said that I would cab home and he offered to drive me home, he kissed me twice on the way. Its a far drive for him and he had to be up early the next day. Also a few weeks ago I was out with friends and he insisted on meeeting up with me and met me. I feel he isn't making as much as an effort though as he did in the begining, not sure but I feel the distance was putting him off? In the begining he was peristent, asked me out on a date etc. I am really starting to like him, but Im not sure where he stands. I think he might like me too. I want to continue hanging out with him and seein where things go, but definetly would want something more serious.

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you come out and directly asked him what sort of feelings he has for you?

• not yet, I dont know what to say

• When I asked him what he thought of me he told me he thinks Im a cool girl to hang out with and thinks we really hit it off. I dont know what to make of that

• in my opinion, it sounds like he is interested in you (granted he is being a bit vague).

What Guys Said 2

• Of course ask him to hang out

• What should I say? I haven't talked to him in a few days

What Girls Said 3

• I would definitely go for it BUT also, keep your guard up. I have had two of the same situations in my life. One turned really bad and I found out he used me and he turned around and left me for the next best thing. The other guy, well four years later and I'm still with him! So go into it slowly and see where it leads! But don't put your all into it so quickly :)

• Did they both start out long distance? I think he does like me. I think we also need to spend more time. I think the distance made him hesitant. Now that he knows Im back from good I feel its like starting from square one. he's not a player type guy, trust me I know lol. He is a relationship guy, he's had three long term ones. But hasn't had a gf for a while since he said the last one hurt him a lot. Its been like 2 years

• Just ask him to a casual hang out such as coffee.