A girl broke up with me, but we are still friends and talk and I still like her. Any way/chances to get back together? Should we?

Hi, guys and girls. Here goes:

I went to a clasmate's birthday party and after we all drank a bit I became more... brave. I started flirting with this girl and eventually we exchanged phone numbers etc etc. We went out on a date a couple of days later, when we were both back to the "real" world. We dated for a week (I know, it's not much at all), but she is one of the few people I can actually talk freely with and we both like talking to eachother (that's why we're still friends, I guess).

During our last date, I kind of screwed it up (or was it not my fault?), I insisted on a subject too much and she hates it when people do that. I noticed that something was bothering her and stopped, but apparently it was too late. She didn't want to talk for about a week and I kept trying to get in touch to see what went wrong. She said that it wasn't my fault and that's just the way she reacted and I shouldn't feel bad about it (sounds familiar?). After some conversations we agreed to "remain friends" and keep in touch.

Now, the thing is, I'd like to tell her that I still like her and I'd like to know if there's a way to get back on track with our relationship. I know that the way she acted (ditching the whole thing so fast after a trivial matter) might mean that it could happen again, but this time I think I'd be ready to accept that it really can't work. I just want to see if there's a chance to try again.

Relevant or not, my age is 16, going almost 17 and she is a year and a few days younger. I know that I'm still young and have my whole life ahead and I will not make a mountain out of a molehill about it, but I like her very much and I'm curious of how things could develop.

Now, would it be "safe" or "acceptable" to try again? And if yes, how would I be supposed to mention it?
Any other piece of advice on the matter will be highly accepted, but please argument a bit :D

Thank you very much! :)

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Give her time and hopefully you can convince her to go on a date with you and if she doesn't talk to you after that then she really doesn't like you

• So after a while would it be acceptable to just ask her out on another date and discuss it there? Or should I explain something while I ask her out?