Was this a stupid reason to turn down a date?

So my friend, who is a girl wanted to go to a St. Louis Cardinals game. She said she had no date. She offered to pay if I went. I turned it down. Why? I hate the St. Louis Cardinals and wouldn't dare go to their stadium. She seemed sad when I told her this. She went to the game by herself and I went home to play my PS4. Was this a crappy reason to turn down a date? I kind of feel bad.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you could have gone just so she wasn't alone and tonspend time with her, you didn't have to enjoy the team, just her company. I think going home on the ps4 is the kicker haha you could have spent your time doing something a little more worth while.. but i say its done snd over with and maybe you should find some time to make it up to her, do something you both like to do, because it does suck when only one person is really enjoying the atmosphere and the event and the other is kind of just going along.

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah, it is

• Very stupid reason.
    You always could have rooted for the opposing team.

What Guys Said 7

• Yea that was stupid, Your ps4 isn't going anywhere. I dont know if sports is one of those things you should take such a hardlined stance on. It was about being with her and not the cardnials. Maybe you can offer to make it up to her, if you care to.

• I did. We are going to a game when she comes back into town. I'll put aside my ego for her.

• if you didn't want to go to the baseball game I don't see a problem with that. That's just your preference. It can be polite to do activities that only your girl likes, but that depends on how much of that you want to do.

• Sports is always a stupid reason.

• You should feel bad. You chose to play with your "toy" at home than go to a baseball game for free... WITH a girl. She must think you dislike her alot'. I mean i hate the Dodgers but ill go to a free fucking Dodgers game. Do you even like this chick?

• It's not a stupid reason but you just lost out on making a girl happy so I don't think it was worth it...

• ... That is my opinion on that.

• I think you should've went. plus she's paying. Or at least since you don't like the cardinals, just go to the game for her. Go for the experience. there's no telling what this could've lead to.