Guys, Was it bad that I called him out on his behavior?

The dating world is now riddled with so many rules and etiquettes. I generally don't like playing games and often can be pretty blunt. Not a big fan of letting the guy chase me, if I am interested then I let the guy know. I like to share in the chase i guess. But I am also aware that often my bluntness scares guys off.
I have been dealing with a guy who runs hot and cold with the communication. I thought we were both on the same page with our expectations. But every time I have tried to reach out to him this past week he either ignores my texts or gives short responses. I don't bug him ever day (generally text every few days) and never bother him further if he doesn't respond properly. I just assume he has other shit going on. But after a week of the "blow off", I started to get a little peeved. Either tell me you are not interested or tell me you need space. So I basically said he was tough to start a conversation with and I thought I was bad. Added that I would leave it to him to reach out to me if and when he is up for it and that I hope he is okay.

5

Most Helpful Guy

• You are living as one should live, with bold strength and aggressive vigor. Far too many people in society will be against you, for society is still entrapped in it's misogynistic way of thinking and does not like the idea of strong and blunt women who do as they like. In the end this will always be a quality VS. quantity game. Sure, your superior way of being may chase off a fair number of weak and feeble men, the majority in our society. It will take you longer to find a partner who does not mind your strength, a partner who can truly accept you for who you are as a person. Though that it may take time, take solace in that your personality will separate the wheat from the chaff, and thus that the men most likely to use you and not care about who you are as a person are the very same men most likely to ran away. Be who you are, and eventually you WILL achieve success, no matter how long it takes or how hard it happens to be. For those who do not give up are destined to taste victory in the end.

What Guys Said 4

• Does he have a job? Texting someone at work really makes it harder for him.
    I suggest you talk to him instead of stealthy talking to him from a distance.

Because sometimes it's frustrating to push little buttons that don't respond to every touch properly. Texting period can kill some relationships. The true purpose of a phone was for emergencies.

-Personally I'm not much of a texter either.

• I don't think blunt approach is a bad thing at all, it may seem to put a guy off but whats worse is a partner (regardless of sex) strolling around the subject not givving a clear cut answer. With bluntness a person can adapt to what his or her partner thinks is wrong, and if adapting is impossible, then perhaps the relationship is. So from a side line perspective I would say you did well, if he makes you wait make him wait, he'll come back.
    If not it his loss.

• No i do the same thing when girls pull that shit on me it's so annoying

• It is annoying. I prefer the blunt approach but I find that it often scares guys off. My friends were telling me perhaps I should have said anything... I figured at the end of the day, he will either respond or not.

• It's not bad to call him out. It proves that he needs to straighten up